View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to the Reef2Reef POTM Contest - Photo of the Month

Sponsored by
Avast Marine!

This month's subject -Tank Scape

Deadline to Enter: 31 Jan, 2022 at 11:59 pm (EST)

Looking forward to great shots of your tank scapes! Remember, the photo has to have been taken by you, and the subject has to be in your aquarium.
No watermarks or captions are allowed in the pictures and pictures with watermarks will be disqualified.
A bit of info around your shot,The scape rationale and if tank is already old enough a bit of info on how the scape worked out in coral placement, visbility, flow....

This is a photo contest after all and we're looking for the best photograph. Yes, you can use a post-editing product to better your pictures. In fact, we encourage it.
Few tips:
-shots perpendicular to tank glass and at tank height would give the most realistic perspective. Yet a top down shot or a side or oblique view of the scape also works if you think it looks nicer.
-having tank lights on will make the picture easier to take as well as add some shadows and a 3D feeling
-More depth of field so more of the tank is in focus will help viewers see the scape better.
- making sure glass is clean always goes a long way in providing nicer shots.

As always refer to the multiple photography articles or post any questions you might have on the photography forum for better support. Maybe also post a few pictures for suggestions and critique to improve your shots wile preparing for this months contest as well.

Prize: POTM Winner Banner, one year free Premium Membership and an Avast Marine Porthole courtesy of Avast Marine. Details below. (Note: Winners located outside the United States will be responsible for applicable shipping costs)

How To Enter:
Entering is easy, just a few simple guidelines to follow:

• Enter ONE photo, taken by you of the subject for the month before the deadline
  • If you enter a second photo, it will be deleted so choose wisely before posting your entry
  • Multiple entries, off subject photos, or broken image links will be disqualified
  • Entries must be submitted before the deadline
  • Photo must be taken by you and in your tank
  • Pictures with watermarks will be disqualified
  • You must have an avatar uploaded when you enter
  • Prior winner (within the last 6 months) are welcome to enter, but not eligible for the prizes
  • In order to qualify to win the Avast Marine Porthole you must also like the Avast Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/avast.marine/
Winner Selection:
The mod team will select up to 15 finalists and a poll will be created and posted in the Reef Discussion Forum. The Grand Prize Winner will be determined by Reef2Reef member voting. To be eligible to vote, you must have been a member for 30 days and have 25 meaningful posts. Votes by members not meeting this criteria will be disregarded in the final count. In the case of a tie, the mod team will assist in choosing the winner. Rules, deadlines and terms are subject to change, without notice, at any time. The winner will be posted and tagged in the voting poll and will have 48 hours to claim the prize.

As this is a photography competition, and the goal is to recognize the highest quality picture. So take your time, do your post shot editing, and submit your best image.

The Prize:

1642437790890.png

#POTM #POTMWinners #MODS #RS
Welcome to the Reef2Reef POTM Contest - Photo of the Month

Sponsored by
Avast Marine!

This month's subject -Tank Scape

Deadline to Enter: 31 Jan, 2022 at 11:59 pm (EST)

Looking forward to great shots of your tank scapes! Remember, the photo has to have been taken by you, and the subject has to be in your aquarium.
No watermarks or captions are allowed in the pictures and pictures with watermarks will be disqualified.
A bit of info around your shot,The scape rationale and if tank is already old enough a bit of info on how the scape worked out in coral placement, visbility, flow....

This is a photo contest after all and we're looking for the best photograph. Yes, you can use a post-editing product to better your pictures. In fact, we encourage it.
Few tips:
-shots perpendicular to tank glass and at tank height would give the most realistic perspective. Yet a top down shot or a side or oblique view of the scape also works if you think it looks nicer.
-having tank lights on will make the picture easier to take as well as add some shadows and a 3D feeling
-More depth of field so more of the tank is in focus will help viewers see the scape better.
- making sure glass is clean always goes a long way in providing nicer shots.

As always refer to the multiple photography articles or post any questions you might have on the photography forum for better support. Maybe also post a few pictures for suggestions and critique to improve your shots wile preparing for this months contest as well.

Prize: POTM Winner Banner, one year free Premium Membership and an Avast Marine Porthole courtesy of Avast Marine. Details below. (Note: Winners located outside the United States will be responsible for applicable shipping costs)

How To Enter:
Entering is easy, just a few simple guidelines to follow:

• Enter ONE photo, taken by you of the subject for the month before the deadline
  • If you enter a second photo, it will be deleted so choose wisely before posting your entry
  • Multiple entries, off subject photos, or broken image links will be disqualified
  • Entries must be submitted before the deadline
  • Photo must be taken by you and in your tank
  • Pictures with watermarks will be disqualified
  • You must have an avatar uploaded when you enter
  • Prior winner (within the last 6 months) are welcome to enter, but not eligible for the prizes
  • In order to qualify to win the Avast Marine Porthole you must also like the Avast Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/avast.marine/
Winner Selection:
The mod team will select up to 15 finalists and a poll will be created and posted in the Reef Discussion Forum. The Grand Prize Winner will be determined by Reef2Reef member voting. To be eligible to vote, you must have been a member for 30 days and have 25 meaningful posts. Votes by members not meeting this criteria will be disregarded in the final count. In the case of a tie, the mod team will assist in choosing the winner. Rules, deadlines and terms are subject to change, without notice, at any time. The winner will be posted and tagged in the voting poll and will have 48 hours to claim the prize.

As this is a photography competition, and the goal is to recognize the highest quality picture. So take your time, do your post shot editing, and submit your best image.

The Prize:

1642437790890.png

#POTM #POTMWinners #MODS #RS
1642774891729.jpeg

This 120 is designed to be simple! Way overstocked and overfed, with mainly softies and allot of fish, where nitrates and phosphates would not be a critical concern. Also, is why I went with an "old school" wall and Bare Bottom-except for a tad at the front-left, to give the numerous fish their own space.
I also-gasp-use tap water treated with Prime.
I always want two islands with the scape but i end up adding like a bridge in between the two with goni garden on the side and torches on the other side, sps in the middle to top.
2CFCDA8E-3159-4C63-B114-7F9E5484EB86.jpeg

maramotreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always want two islands with the scape but i end up adding like a bridge in between the two with goni garden on the side and torches on the other side, sps in the middle to top.

whaleysreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My old five gallon pico tank, unfortunately had a power outage and a heatwave and this I wasn’t able to keep this tank alive. I loved this tank even though it was pretty basic corals (shrooms, gsp, Duncans) and a little macroalgea

Attachments

• 66CC7E49-C514-4072-B008-EB1494093FBD.jpeg
    66CC7E49-C514-4072-B008-EB1494093FBD.jpeg
    273.1 KB · Views: 87

bsagea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very old pic of our SPS dominant Oceanic hal-round. Marco rocks were used to create the aquascape with the area behind the rockwork totally open for the fish to swim...Thrive frag trees were hung from the overflow to hold frags and fill up some unusable space
bsa
Screenshot_20211201-190251_Photos.jpg

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My scape was trying to create a slope but then I added too many rocks lol I still like it

Attachments

• 6A75FD0E-AEDA-4CF2-A58D-7F747867A6EF.jpeg
    6A75FD0E-AEDA-4CF2-A58D-7F747867A6EF.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 65
Back