OP
Jarry

Jarry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update, tank is almost ready, sump is temporary, it will be replaced by 80 gallon tank.

Attachments

• IMG_20210927_153221.jpg
    IMG_20210927_153221.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20210927_135514.jpg
    IMG_20210927_135514.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 98
OP
OP
Jarry

Jarry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is full, all good so far, so I can install all four Tunze Stream 3 and start adding salt. Then I'll add liverock and work on the light.

OP
OP
Jarry

Jarry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is running, salinity ok, water is clear. I had some issues with the flow setup, but thanks to Roger from Tunze, I have a good flow now with 4x Tunze Stream 3. I had to put liverock to the sump for now as I wanted to setup the pumps first, but now I can finally put it to display and finish the scape. I'll still leave some space for another 30kg of live rock I'll move from the old tank in a couple of months, but it won't be an issue. I also used some water from the water changes I did in my other tanks to get some dirt into this (I always use some used water when I start new tank, not sure if it helps, but I never had any serious issues during the first stages, so it won't do any harm at least and I can save some salt).

OP
OP
Jarry

Jarry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First version, I'll add more liverock from my other tank later, that's why I'm leaving some space on the right side. It's not the final version, but I almost like it It shouldn't be visible anyway, I'm just trying to create as much space for the fish to hide as I can.

OP
OP
Jarry

Jarry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First light almost done and tested, I'd like to finish it this week and start moving first corals (there was a Pavona on liverock and it's still alive and healthy :)). Some photos from the test.

DSC_1788.JPG
DSC_1791.JPG
DSC_1799.JPG

OP
OP
Jarry

Jarry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, after one month, tank is running surprisingly well. I'm slowly moving LPS corals from my other tanks, but there are also 4 test SPS frags and all doing well too, including one easy Acropora. I intruduced 8 fish during last week, current stock is:
Halichoeres chrysus
Halichoeres iridis
Halichoeres melanurus
Oxycirrhites typus
Paracanthurus hepatus
Naso elegans
Salarias fasciatus
Siganus magnificus

So I stick to the original stocking plan so far, I wanted some herbivores to help me with the hair algae - and after 2 days in tank, they are doing great job. Next step would be to transfer fish from my existing tanks except Ctenochaetus strigosus, which will probably go last, together with the rest of new tangs - Zebrasoma desjardinii, Zebrasoma Xanthurum, Acanthurus olivaceus. And because I'll probably skip some fish from the plan, I'm thinking about to add Zebrasoma scopas (I've seen one beautiful recently) and maybe Acanthurus pyroferus. I woud probably be on the limit with 8 tangs, but they should have enough room and I don't want to add more fish after last tangs batch.

OP
OP
Jarry

Jarry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's this green staghorn, I have plenty of it and never had issues in any tank - picture is from my frag tank, it is there for 2 years maybe, I just make a frag from time to time, I also have a big colony in my 80 gallon tank.

Attachments

• 1636100794123.jpg
    1636100794123.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 42

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds pretty cool yes! The "problem" is that its green and I already have so many green things in my Nano...
So I need some "easy" Acro which is not green :D

OP
OP
Jarry

Jarry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds pretty cool yes! The "problem" is that its green and I already have so many green things in my Nano...
So I need some "easy" Acro which is not green :D
:) You could try some Milleporas, there are very nice - not green available and they are also quite hardy and fast growing.

OP
OP
Jarry

Jarry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some blue photos, a lot of LPS frags I have for a while waiting for its final placement on the lower part of the rocks, I also have over 15 zoa colonies in other tanks, which should come soon.

DSC_1817.JPG DSC_1819.JPG DSC_1830.JPG DSC_1831.JPG DSC_1840.JPG DSC_1841.JPG

OP
OP
Jarry

Jarry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I introduced 5 new tangs yesterday, all at once (3x Zebrasoma, 2x Acanthurus), all juveniles, no issues so far. Naso, Hepatus and Siganus accepted them to the shoal and they are all swimming together most of the time - 7 tangs, siganus and all wrasses. I wasn't sure about Labroides dimidiatus, but it eats a lot of frozen food, so it might be fine. I feed a lot, 2 times a day frozen and 2 times pellets to keep all fish fat and healthy and once all hair algae is gone (which will be very soon), then I'll keep nori in tank all the time. I don't plan to buy more fish at the moment, maybe Neocirrhites armatus / pair and if there will be enough pods in 2-3 years, then I'll consider a pair of mandarins, but with 3 Halichoeres wrasses, I don't expect this to happen.

Current stock is:

Amphiprion ocellaris pair
Halichoeres chrysus
Halichoeres melanurus
Halichoeres Iridis
Labroides dimidiatus
Salarias fasciatus
Oxycirrhites typus

Siganus magnificus
Acanthurus pyroferus
Acanthurus olivaceus
Naso elegans
Paracanthurus hepatus
Zebrasoma desjardinii
Zebrasoma scopas
Zebrasoma xanthurum

And fish I have in 80 gallon and will move later:
Gramma loreto
Paracheilinus carpenteri pair
Pterapogon kauderni pair
Chelmon rostratus
Ctenochaetus strigosus

OP
OP
Jarry

Jarry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 months running, all good so far (a bit of a cyano, but it's getting better last days). I started to slowly move Acro and Monti colonies from my other tank (I still keep backup colonies in the old tank). Dry rocks are nicely covered with coraline already.
DSC_2153.JPG

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back