Jason Fox corals...

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally bit the bullet and ordered some JF stuff. I ordered the Grape Juice Acro then let Jason pick five items for me. He sent the JF Super Green Stag, the PC Rainbow, JF Barney, WWC Yellow Tips, and CC Needle in a Haystack. I’m really excited and will post picks as soon as they settle in.

Do any of you have any of these? If so, can tell me about the placement, light and water flow you’re keeping them in? Pictures would be dandy!

jolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have PC Rainbow and WWC Yellow Tips. They both like medium to high light and high flow. I've had the best results at 300 PAR or higher. I use Radion XR30 pro gen 3 on the SPS AB+ program.

OP
OP
BestMomEver

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I have a 60 cube (24x24x24) with a Radion pro x13 gen 4 and I am also running AB+. I have all six corals mounted from midway up all the way to the top. The green stag and grape juice are the highest. Needle in a haystack is almost as high but I may have to move it down. It looks very delicate. You never know though... it might be the toughest in the bunch! Do you know anyone that has the others? I would just the trial and error method but I spent a good chunk of cash and don’t want to experiment.

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start them in lower light, JF grows his stuff in medium light with tons of flow. last thing they need while they acclimate to your tank is 300-400PAR provided by radions. Keep them low and bring them up in few weeks and then mount them only if they maintain their color. If the fade in a few days move them to darker spot!.. Im telling you from experience my yellow tip from last year bleached out and my new one is a rock star

OP
OP
BestMomEver

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start them in lower light, JF grows his stuff in medium light with tons of flow. last thing they need while they acclimate to your tank is 300-400PAR provided by radions. Keep them low and bring them up in few weeks and then mount them only if they maintain their color. If the fade in a few days move them to darker spot!.. Im telling you from experience my yellow tip from last year bleached out and my new one is a rock star
Thanks! I just move all of them down. Now it looks like I have coral kindergarten at the bottom of the tank. Conversely, I took the opportunity to move my pink stylophora closer to the top.

BigJim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Needle in a Haystack did better with flow and light on the lower end for SPS. Par was around 225 and it was in a front corner of my tank where flow was lower.

OP
OP
BestMomEver

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Needle in a Haystack did better with flow and light on the lower end for SPS. Par was around 225 and it was in a front corner of my tank where flow was lower.
Thanks.... when I bought it, it was a pretty deep green with pink tips. I put it in the bottom 2/3rds of the tanks and it’s turned into a deep purple color. I moved up... we’ll see what happens!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 41 43.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back