OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's under a 6 bulb power module (4blue plus 2coral plus)with 2 blue reef brite LEDs around 350par right in between two MP10s on reef crest mode

larangcon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely will be following along, curious when this frag will start coloring up. Keith looks like you got most of the high end SPS, care to share with us a FTS

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a normal display tank so I don't usually take FTS. It's more of a frag tank gone wild. I don't get rid of frags until I have no more room left and then I have a few friends that help with that part. I had the great idea of raising my alk a few months back and it didn't have the desired effect I browned out about half the tank so it's not at it's best right now but getting better.

dknuckles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's this. Lol

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1394067395.084813.jpg

Lovely yellow coralline algae lololol

dknuckles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't miss it lol
Just surprised not mentioned earlier

Cannot wait to see this JD frag grown out!
So many sources flooding US w/ various JDs it will be nice to pinpoint the original (having RR Orange Passion flashbacks)

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't miss it lol
Just surprised not mentioned earlier

Cannot wait to see this JD frag grown out!
So many sources flooding US w/ various JDs it will be nice to pinpoint the original (having RR Orange Passion flashbacks)

Sorry I'm not a professional photographer. I shot in raw and changed the white balance in the Nikon program view nx

And you are the last person to be taking shots at someone's photos. I have seen your photos as well ;)

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

[/QUOTE]

A hermit decided he wanted in the pic this week. The green is starting to turn more yellowish and the base is more blueish but still looking better and polyps are looking more blue. 5 weeks and counting. I think it's going to jump the plug in another 2-3 weeks. It's been encrusting nicely but It will be nice to see a growth tip show up at some point:D

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pay attention to the encrusting and the Polyps that are forming from the incrusting. They should be the color its supose to be with the encrusting. But hopefully in a few more weeks you'll have the color. if not then :/

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im just not seeing it with this acro. I hope someone can prove me other wise. I'll keep tuning in in hopes that it colors up like the original RRA pic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice piece, love that tank too!

Thanks! This tank has given me an idea for my next display,I like it more than most of the rocked tanks I've had

pay attention to the encrusting and the Polyps that are forming from the incrusting. They should be the color its supose to be with the encrusting. But hopefully in a few more weeks you'll have the color. if not then :/

I can see the new little polyps on the encrusting part are a light blue, but with some corals like my orange passion the polyps change colors over time so hopefully a few weeks will do the trick but it might take longer

Im just not seeing it with this acro. I hope someone can prove me other wise. I'll keep tuning in in hopes that it colors up like the original RRA pic.

I don't know if it will look like the original but I might be doing it a disservice with my photography skills. In person it's already one of the nicest acros I have and I like to think I have nice stuff. The few people that have been over have ask what it is without me drawing attention to it. Although I do sort of have it on a pedestal front and center in the tank.

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im guessing by the look of the pic your running LED's?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back