Jaw Dropper Acro

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off topic but what ever happened with the other acro thread with all the controversy between shrimplet and vendor I can't remember name but remember it was over a high end acro

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately it was deleted by accident by a new mod...LOL He was devastated!!

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im guessing by the look of the pic your running LED's?

6 bulb power module with 2 reefbrite LEDs they make the pics look blue

Off topic but what ever happened with the other acro thread with all the controversy between shrimplet and vendor I can't remember name but remember it was over a high end acro

I don't know but please don't start that here this is a thread for the growth and progress of the jaw dropper thanks :)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man, this is going to be a sweet piece when it grows out. I'm looking forward to seeing how it continues to color up. I want one, but don't have the cash right now.

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, this is going to be a sweet piece when it grows out. I'm looking forward to seeing how it continues to color up. I want one, but don't have the cash right now.

Happy to have you following along. I'm going to do my best to take a new pic every week for the foreseeable future so by the time you get a frag you will know what your getting :)

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a normal display tank so I don't usually take FTS. It's more of a frag tank gone wild. I don't get rid of frags until I have no more room left and then I have a few friends that help with that part. I had the great idea of raising my alk a few months back and it didn't have the desired effect I browned out about half the tank so it's not at it's best right now but getting better.

Im going to have to go raid you tank soon. I'll take my camera also. Just don't tell carlos cause he will start crying like a little girl.

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to have to go raid you tank soon. I'll take my camera also. Just don't tell carlos cause he will start crying like a little girl.

Josh you are welcome to come over anytime especially with your camera. I didn't know you knew how to take pictures of SPS :) but if you take pictures of my coral and people see them they might realize how bad my pictures are. I'd take the rick just to see you post some SPS pics

Last edited:

brandon85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a normal display tank so I don't usually take FTS. It's more of a frag tank gone wild. I don't get rid of frags until I have no more room left and then I have a few friends that help with that part. I had the great idea of raising my alk a few months back and it didn't have the desired effect I browned out about half the tank so it's not at it's best right now but getting better.

I love it!

jtomasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are the tip as blue as the pictures show? the body will color over time but usually the tips show color pretty quick.

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful!!!
Thanks
are the tip as blue as the pictures show? the body will color over time but usually the tips show color pretty quick.

The frag is old growth and I haven't seen anything resembling a growth tip yet, I'm with you on the tips showing color first but only if there is new growth on them and I'm not sure this frag will start growing from the frag but more likely it will encrust until growth tips start from the base

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what the heck? Josh just made me realize you are in SoFla! Woohoo! We need to become best friends, LOL! Looks great man. I dub thee the Porko of SPS, Haha!

reeksreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what the heck? Josh just made me realize you are in SoFla! Woohoo! We need to become best friends, LOL! Looks great man. I dub thee the Porko of SPS, Haha!

Keith use to work at Exotic Aquariums for a bite. He knows he way with HIGHEND Sps. Lol

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yup I'm in Miami for now. I could always use another friend. I'm guessing your the sort of friend who would help me with any extra frags I might have..lol

following along, what a great looking piece!

Thanks

Keith use to work at Exotic Aquariums for a bite. He knows he way with HIGHEND Sps. Lol
True I had a part time at the lfs but no more of that for me. Thanks
what size tank is that? 60?
It's a deep blue 80gal

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back