OP
OP
J

jepuskar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never really looked at video of them before, but you can see plenty of pods in that and I guess he grabbed one while I was taking this. I'll try and take another one later..looks like he was out of focus for most of it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Same baby above...This one is the closest to the front of the tank.
Good for you !!! Video does not play but you beat the odds. Pearly, spotted and yellowhead most likely to raise their young/fry

OP
OP
J

jepuskar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good for you !!! Video does not play but you beat the odds. Pearly, spotted and yellowhead most likely to raise their young/fry
Thanks, but I don't understand. Most likely to raise? Most likely to eat maybe?? I moved them at birth to a different tank if that helps. About 150 of them and we are down to about 15-16 I think.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks, but I don't understand. Most likely to raise? Most likely to eat maybe?? I moved them at birth to a different tank if that helps. About 150 of them and we are down to about 15-16 I think.
The three mentioned have high success rates with raising their young/ tank bred

OP
OP
J

jepuskar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This right here is the cutest sh** I've seen in a long time. Added a little bit of sand and now you can see how small they are for reference. Little guy made himeself a burrow already.

Added more copepods and nano brine shrimp...overloaded. Did a water change 2 days ago...need to be careful now as they majority of them are on the bottom and I use a siphon to clean the detritus off the bottom.

I think there are 15-16 left and this is day 36.

Attachments

• PXL_20240419_022352600.jpg
    PXL_20240419_022352600.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
J

jepuskar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is that same baby doing burrow maintenance...he can only fit one pebble of sand in his mouth at a time. All babies are down on the bottom now and have claimed a piece of rubble rock..sometimes sharing. Lost a smaller one over the weekend, so I think we are at 14-15 now. Getting harder to count as they aren't in the water column anymore.

OP
OP
J

jepuskar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here is my baby JF colony. Haven't seen anyone take prepared foods yet, so still not in the clear yet, IMO... still seeing plenty of copepods around, so I hope that is enough. Nobody is swimming around anymore, so I hope the food is abundant.

Just received a brine shrimp hatchery setup..going to get that started. Still feels like I'm behind on sourcing food for them, but it does appear they went through metamorphisis as those be looking/acting like JF now. :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back