shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae consumes most of it.
I’ll pick up so rowaphos tomorrow to drop these and dose small amounts of neonitro to raise nitrates.
Tank is looking good! That golden hammer really pops. :D
believe it or not I mounted the coral backwards .-. Lol

Aqua Man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll check it out now I just tested nitrates and there 0 they were 5 a couple days again
Tank is looking good!! Not seeing any fish in your pictures. I thought you had a couple?
Update the chemi elite reduces nitrates too. Now I gotta store it. And buy something the rowaphos
Why not give the Chemi Elite a day or 2 to see if it brings your PO4 down? Did you buy the container that has the little made up pouches?

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking good!! Not seeing any fish in your pictures. I thought you had a couple?

Why not give the Chemi Elite a day or 2 to see if it brings your PO4 down? Did you buy the container that has the little made up pouches?
Yes I still have 2 clowns there cowards unless I put my hand in the tank. I have the chemi pure elite in there still I’m gonna test again when I get home to see if it reduced it.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My next step if gfo is not working for me I’ll use phosphate E or just keep dosing nitrates untill phosphates go down.
I have 1.29 phosphates
And 0 nitrates I dosed 8ml to bring it up by 2 second dose will be added later today after I test

Aqua Man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1.29 phosphates
That’s crazy! Test your fresh mixed salt? What salt are you using? Do you make your own RODI?

Hanna testers can be finicky too. it’s recommended to rinse with rodi and some even store the vials in ro between uses. Absolutely no smudges. Try to put the vial in the same way every time also.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you clean the sand bed?
I clean portions every week
That’s crazy! Test your fresh mixed salt? What salt are you using? Do you make your own RODI?

Hanna testers can be finicky too. it’s recommended to rinse with rodi and some even store the vials in ro between uses. Absolutely no smudges. Try to put the vial in the same way every time also.
I’m using regular Instant oceans salt , I tested my RODI water yesterday and it came back all 0 I do store my Hanna vials with rodi water untill next use. I tested 3 times in a row and all came back with same numbers. It’s my fault really I skipped a water change and that week I feeding reef candy/ reef roids those 2 weeks

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I clean portions every week

I’m using regular Instant oceans salt , I tested my RODI water yesterday and it came back all 0 I do store my Hanna vials with rodi water untill next use. I tested 3 times in a row and all came back with same numbers. It’s my fault really I skipped a water change and that week I feeding reef candy/ reef roids those 2 weeks

Numbers aside, how is everything doing in there? Usually the best test kit.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is okay but can be better. My Kenya closed and some of my zoas closed at the the LPS seem opened but not as much as they should be I didn’t have a good test kit untill this week so it’s hard to tell what my phosphate were this whole time

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is okay but can be better. My Kenya closed and some of my zoas closed at the the LPS seem opened but not as much as they should be I didn’t have a good test kit untill this week so it’s hard to tell what my phosphate were this whole time
As I’ve mentioned in my thread phosphate is the one parameter that is all over the map for me too and I don’t know why either.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I’ve mentioned in my thread phosphate is the one parameter that is all over the map for me too and I don’t know why either.
I know it leeches from the rocks and such. But mine was do to heavy feeding coral food. Trying new things, … I can’t win 3 months ago I was dealing with 100+ nitrates and now I’m dealing with high phosphates. It’s not bad I can still fix it. I’ll test when I get home see the number if it’s still high with the chemi pure elite I’m removing it and doing phosphate -e once I get the levels down I’ll maintain it with rowaphos

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
While phosphates are high, there is no need to use coral foods. I would avoid those for now. Also, as Elorablue asked.
If corals are happy, all is well.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 74 52.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back