OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While phosphates are high, there is no need to use coral foods. I would avoid those for now. Also, as Elorablue asked.

If corals are happy, all is well.
Yes this is true but it’s weird that I have that high of an phosphate with 0 algae. It’s okay for now but will cause trouble down the road. Also read somewhere that high phosphates causes corals to slow down growth

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My coral is happy, but sometimes my paraders are out of wack. Have they just adapted? Or could they be doing better?
I mean it depends on how they look ? If there opened , eating well and have good color then they are okay . A lot of people chase numbers but I found my tank does well at 0.10 phosphates and 10 nitrates

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I mean it depends on how they look ? If there opened , eating well and have good color then they are okay . A lot of people chase numbers but I found my tank does well at 0.10 phosphates and 10 nitrates
I am highly confused by the hana checker. is it .10 or 1.0? 0.1 is fine. 1.0 is I dunno...

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i feel if your doing regular water changes,you want to be in the 20-30 range on nitrates .
the chemipure is removing both.
phos will hinder coralline growth,
phos at .30 is ok ,imo.
need to get phos down ,get that tank a lil "dirty".
watch the alk and cal ,try to keep balanced.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i feel if your doing regular water changes,you want to be in the 20-30 range on nitrates .
the chemipure is removing both.
phos will hinder coralline growth,
phos at .30 is ok ,imo.
need to get phos down ,get that tank a lil "dirty".
watch the alk and cal ,try to keep balanced.
The goal is to dose nitrates daily untill I see a decrease in phosphates. Because I did see a decrease in coralline growth

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Time to get rid of that stock return pump

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I tested again today. after removing the old filter floss . The bio cylinders in the back chambers and chemi pure elite my nitrates are 10 after dosing last night and phosphate is 1.08. I don’t have anymore Hanna regent untill Thursday but I’m doing a water change today since I put them chemipure elite in my Kenya’s have been closed and a bunch of polyps son my Xenia rock closed and so has my gsp and my mushrooms shriveled a bit. Also the new return pump kinda spooked the corals. My old one was not running as good as it did before

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I tested again today. after removing the old filter floss . The bio cylinders in the back chambers and chemi pure elite my nitrates are 10 after dosing last night and phosphate is 1.08. I don’t have anymore Hanna regent untill Thursday but I’m doing a water change today since I put them chemipure elite in my Kenya’s have been closed and a bunch of polyps son my Xenia rock closed and so has my gsp and my mushrooms shriveled a bit. Also the new return pump kinda spooked the corals. My old one was not running as good as it did before
Just use the other phosphate test kit. If it lined up with hana, that will work!

image.jpg

Time to get rid of that stock return pump
Best thing we did. Now to replace noisy skimmer. Also, need to take a picture of the bta for kb. No bubble loss. He's looking better now! I didn't think he was such a baby. Never met a bta who liked low par. One of the reasons I also kept away from them. Almost everyone "250 par is what bta's need. Me" no thanks i'll keep to frogspawns."

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just use the other phosphate test kit. If it lined up with hana, that will work!

Best thing we did. Now to replace noisy skimmer. Also, need to take a picture of the bta for kb. No bubble loss. He's looking better now! I didn't think he was such a baby. Never met a bta who liked low par. One of the reasons I also kept away from them. Almost everyone "250 par is what bta's need. Me" no thanks i'll keep to frogspawns."
That is weird lol I was always told that too 250+ for BTA.. what skimmer are you looking to get ? To replace. I don’t have one idk if I want a skimmer or a refugium in the back chambers yet.

I did a 5 gallon water change last night so let’s see what’s going on when I get home I also believe since I used reef epoxy it clouded my water

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is weird lol I was always told that too 250+ for BTA.. what skimmer are you looking to get ? To replace. I don’t have one idk if I want a skimmer or a refugium in the back chambers yet.

I did a 5 gallon water change last night so let’s see what’s going on when I get home I also believe since I used reef epoxy it clouded my water
I have not figured it out yet. My skimmer does a good job at removing gunk. It's just VERY loud. Turn off the skimmer all you hear is miner water splash from the top of the return nozzles.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have not figured it out yet. My skimmer does a good job at removing gunk. It's just VERY loud. Turn off the skimmer all you hear is miner water splash from the top of the return nozzles.
which one do you have ? is it the pump noise ,air intake,water splashing noise?

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
which one do you have ? is it the pump noise ,air intake,water splashing noise?
It has no name. It is an sca skimmer that comes with the system. The pump is extremely loud. In fact, the same pump on the skimmer is used for a return pump. That was double the noise.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, the pump noise is not from vibration. I have tried to hang it to see if that would reduce noise, nope. The pump itself is just so loud.
So what your saying is we gotta buy you a new skimmer for Christmas? Noted lol

Back