JBJ 28 Gallon Nano Wifi thoughts?

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to setup a nano tank and I'm looking into the self contained models. Anyone have any experience/feedback on the new JBJ Wifi? I see the LED power is a bit reduced vs. the pro, but that may not matter since I'm targeting palys/zoas. If people have other opinions on good self contained systems, I'd love to hear them as well.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d avoid JBJ personally. I do not like thier lights.
A decent retrofit kit and a bluefish will make you much happier.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you looking at buying one of the cubes? Or build it all.

OP
OP
Paintguru

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm all for easier is better, but I'm not wedded to a particular style. It's going into the kitchen, so it needs to look somewhat nice and contained, which is why the all-in-one's were my initial thought.

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jbj stand alone tanks are staight up garbage!!

I guess if you just need the tank and take the light off your fine. The buttons for the lights is painted and they rub off very easily when fingers are wet. The light very week, two weeks after use the lights were very finicky to turn on. I had a 14 with no remote. Maybe you have a remote? Either way I'm just letting you know how extreme poor quality these tanks are.

They just have one of the best cube looks around. Especially with the white.

Made in China. Who knows may have contracted something deadly from that paint rubbing off on my fingers.

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't had one. Seen a bunch. But I think if I wanted another all in one I'd go with one of innovative marine. If you want to spend a little more and get a stand to go with, choose red sea reefer AIO.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The upside to the jbj cube is it’s easy to mod the leds. They are mounted on a big aluminum sink.
I had one. I didn’t mind the tank , but it was the pro unit was super intense Light , but the spectrum was horrible.
I run the same intensity on my tanks now with a different light and it’s night and day on coral growth.

Hipertec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the jbj led pro 28g. Not the wifi. Stay away from this tank.

Lights and hood is crap. And company will not stand behind their products. Your leds will 100% go out and if you don't replace the strip for $$ all of them will go out.

Go with other brand nano tanks. I wished I did before getting the Jbj. I do recommend the SCA 50G but it's not a AIO.

OP
OP
Paintguru

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The waterbox 20 looks interesting. Yes, I do plan to swap out the stock LEDs with NanoBox ones if I go the route of a self contained system (24/28/32). Trying to imagine the advantages/disadvantages of an open vs closed canopy, besides temperature and light spill.

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When closed jbj gets tons of condensation on it. If your house gets hot? That little tank starts cooking with a closed lid. Lid is good at holding the water in, keeping dust out, light spillage. Either way is very clean looking.

Electricianreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had it for about 3 months now. I was a fresh water guy when I was young, left the hobby for years and then dove into the Marine hobby purchasing the JBJ WiFi with some nudging from my LFS. My biggest gripe so far is having to remove the skimmer head anytime I need the lid opened more than 40% to work in the tank. If I did more researching beforehand instead of jumping so fast I may have went another route. However for an AIO it's suiting my needs and I don't have enough time with it to really give a solid opinion , certainly wins on looks just not sure about function and longevity .

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back