JBJ 6 gal Rimless

Blackice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not many people have this tank, but it was on sale in my lfs for 75 dollars, so I will give it a try. It has been running since early July, and there is still nothing in it.It took forever to cycle as it is just now going through diatoms and my parameters are finally right. Here is the setup:

JBJ 6 Gallon Rimless tank
Normal Filter but I am running Chemipure
Stock lighting as of right now( will probably upgrade unless I don’t have to) The light is a LYRA 7.5 watt LED

Stocking plans:
A variety of hermits/snails
Fish wise probably a type of goby or a sixline wrasse( which I have space for them later on)
Mostly soft corals like zoas, mushrooms, and Xenia, but I might get some easy lps
I will post some pics once I get some fish and corals which will probably be this weekend.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pics? I'm a pico fan!

OP
OP
Blackice

Blackice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some bad news. I went to my trusty lfs to look for some fish and corals, and over half of their fish were dead floating around in their tanks, and the others looked like they were on their way out. Their coral display tank was also covered with bristleworms and Aiptasia. I have no idea what has happened to them, so now my only fish store is petco. My next guess is online, so do you guys know any good places to get small fish and corals online.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have some bad news. I went to my trusty lfs to look for some fish and corals, and over half of their fish were dead floating around in their tanks, and the others looked like they were on their way out. Their coral display tank was also covered with bristleworms and Aiptasia. I have no idea what has happened to them, so now my only fish store is petco. My next guess is online, so do you guys know any good places to get small fish and corals online.
KP aquatics has nice healthy fish, Pacific East Aquaculture for coral. I'd honestly bet Pacific East has healthy fish too.

OP
OP
Blackice

Blackice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much! I’ll give them both a look
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The tank is starting to get some algae now!

OP
OP
Blackice

Blackice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry this took so long but had a lot of stuff to take care of including school and baseball season ending. But I took a trip to my lfs again and that had completely restarted the whole place. All of their old tanks were tore down and they were starting new which was nice. So I ordered a fish through their retail store. He is a very colorful six line wrasse. I have had one before, and absolutely loved him, but unfortunately lost him to an ich outbreak. Once he gets bigger I will then move him to one of my bigger tanks.
Right now the tank is only him and a couple snails and hermits, but if my lfs looks good the next time I go, I’ll pick up some corals!

OP
OP
Blackice

Blackice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry this took so long but had a lot of stuff to take care of including school and baseball season ending. But I took a trip to my lfs again and that had completely restarted the whole place. All of their old tanks were tore down and they were starting new which was nice. So I ordered a fish through their retail store. He is a very colorful six line wrasse. I have had one before, and absolutely loved him, but unfortunately lost him to an ich outbreak. Once he gets bigger I will then move him to one of my bigger tanks.
Right now the tank is only him and a couple snails and hermits, but if my lfs looks good the next time I go, I’ll pick up some corals!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back