JBJ nano 12DX Help please!

Andrew9307

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got a nano DX and i can not keep it under 82 - 80 degrees and tricks or anything to help out ? its my first nano cube thanks

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you mount a clip on fan to the back?

BebeCR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep my JBJ 12g nano cool with a CoolWorks Ice Probe chiller, here is the space distribution:

chambers2.jpg

Here is a photo with the chiller installed:

SN854262-1.jpg

(If you used the included hood/lights, you have to cut out a hole on the hood to let the probe reach the water; I don't use the provided hood, I used a LED array above the tank)

The fan can help with temperature, but not with evaporation :squigglemouth:.
I prefer a chiller, it keeps the temperature pretty constant :smile:.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Andrew9307

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rev i thought of that at first but i want to try to keep the hood the same without cutting but soulds like im going to have to cut and thanks bebe like i said i want to keep the hood but i will try that thanks!!!

BebeCR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rev i thought of that at first but i want to try to keep the hood the same without cutting but soulds like im going to have to cut and thanks bebe like i said i want to keep the hood but i will try that thanks!!!
My JBJ is one of the fist models: with only one compact fluorecent lamp at the hood. Some years ago I used the hood with the probe, but in order to accommodate the chiller I have to cut a square (the size of the heatsink) so most of the probe was underwater (the same placement as today). Now the JBJ is running with a DIY LED fixture, I don't use the hood anymore.

Back