Jebao Aqua App Connection Problems

TacticalReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2019
Messages
165
Reaction score
76
Location
Atlanta, GA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to connect a MLW-20 to the Jebao Aqua app and it continues to fail.

I am running the newest iOS and most recent version of the Jebao Aqua app.
I renamed and confirmed I am on my 2.4ghz network.
I have restarted the controller and my router multiple times.

When I go through the setup I get "unknown ssid" when I am at the connection screen.

Any ideas or solutions?
 
SOLUTION:
Turns out in order for the app to recognize the network it has to have location services enabled. I normally do not like turning on location services but after doing that it did allow for the pump to connect via wifi to the app so I can easily control it.
 
Your a genius, been banging my head against the wall for the past 3 hours trying to connect this ******* pump. My first mistake was not checking forums fist. Thanks for your post
 
I am so glad you shared this. I was getting a little grumpy last night trying to connect to mine.
 
SOLUTION:
Turns out in order for the app to recognize the network it has to have location services enabled. I normally do not like turning on location services but after doing that it did allow for the pump to connect via wifi to the app so I can easily control it.
Yes most smart devices applications will require that setting. The app is still crap however.
 
Any one know what the "timer" option is? I would love to buy some if they sell them. So far I haven't seeing any.
Screenshot_20220920-111914_Jebao Aqua.jpg
 
SOLUTION:
Turns out in order for the app to recognize the network it has to have location services enabled. I normally do not like turning on location services but after doing that it did allow for the pump to connect via wifi to the app so I can easily control it.
Should I turn on the location services on my phone or the router?
 
hello from france.
just registered to thank you.
something similar hapened to me with french treadmill "decathlon" there is a while but i didn't remember that location must be activate...
you make my day
tx again
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new