Jebao error codes - SLW20

PotatoPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where I can find the error code key for these pumps? The lights are flashing in a pattern that I’m assuming is telling me something specific, but the instructions don’t include any information on what error codes mean…

Somewhat disappointed as the thing had been going <24 hours before seizing up. If I unplug and plug in it’ll turn over and run for a min then stop again.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where I can find the error code key for these pumps? The lights are flashing in a pattern that I’m assuming is telling me something specific, but the instructions don’t include any information on what error codes mean…

Somewhat disappointed as the thing had been going <24 hours before seizing up. If I unplug and plug in it’ll turn over and run for a min then stop again.
I would dismantle the powerhead and make sure the bearing is okay. I had this happen once with a newer mow, taking it apart and putting it back together stopped it.

OP
OP
P

PotatoPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you Google the code?
Coming up empty on information on any error codes.

I would dismantle the powerhead and make sure the bearing is okay. I had this happen once with a newer mow, taking it apart and putting it back together stopped it.
Do you mean open up the guts of it, or just the parts external to the motor? I did notice the clowns in the tank seem ticked about it when running, so perhaps it’s grinding something in there and making noise the fish aren’t keen on.

If ya got it from somewhere reputable (amazon), just exchange it. Usually the controller has heart palpitations. Also check as said above.
Got it from the LFS - if problem persists through the weekend I’ll try exchanging it.

ptrahan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just take the screen off and take the blades out and clean it. Then put back together. I have one that tries not to run after I clean it. I try turning it on just above the water and then plunge it in. It usually keeps running. I have had to return these twice. It has a built in protection circuit. If it runs for a second and then stops and then runs a second then stops a few times and then completely shuts off, and then the controller lights are flashing, the protection circuit has engaged. You will have to unplug it to reset it.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming up empty on information on any error codes.

Do you mean open up the guts of it, or just the parts external to the motor? I did notice the clowns in the tank seem ticked about it when running, so perhaps it’s grinding something in there and making noise the fish aren’t keen on.

Got it from the LFS - if problem persists through the weekend I’ll try exchanging it.
Enough to take the impeller out, there will be a small ceramic bearing that is responsibke for reducing the friction. However, when mine had this issue, after a couple freezes it would never start spinning, so the bearing may not be your culprit, but it's where I would start.

However, i am not familiar with this specific model, I don't know how easy it is to take apart, but I have a lot of jebao products and they are all pretty simple to dismantle.

Do you run it on a pulse where it stops and starts, or does it run constant? If it freezes up after stopping the impeller in your nirmal cycle, I would be more inclined to beleive it will benefit from being taken apart.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back