Jebao has a UV Sterilizer? WOW

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZJedi945
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I think it depends on your application, 1st off the ones available to us are only good for algae control and bacterial blooms. Which mostly is a temporary situation, or should be, so using one to clear a bloom should be no problem. if you think you are controlling parasites or the like and are running it full time, you are living in denial. The output power and application needed to do this is way beyond what you are buying. If you need it to control algae full time, you are doing something wrong. So running one of these to quickly clear a tank is really the only use for it, so why spend a ton of money.

That’s not true, level 1 and 2 sterilization can be achieved with higher end UVs available to us. Find the manufactures reported uw/cm2 and do some research on recommendations for various parasites. AquaUV, pentair and a few others produce high quality UVs, completely capable of parasite eradication/management if sized properly. I am not a believer in management but that’s a different thread, just saying it’s possible.
 
That’s not true, level 1 and 2 sterilization can be achieved with higher end UVs available to us. Find the manufactures reported uw/cm2 and do some research on recommendations for various parasites. AquaUV, pentair and a few others produce high quality UVs, completely capable of parasite eradication/management if sized properly. I am not a believer in management but that’s a different thread, just saying it’s possible.

That's why I bought a Aqua UV unit this time for it's UVC level. And American made!

Now I've had my Jebao RW 15's for 5 years now running continuously with out any issues.
 
100% happy with my 25 watt Aqua UV. I also tend to buy once and be done with it
 
Since I’m looking at sterilizers I found this thread. I used the Jebao sterilizer for just under a year and in that time it dripped green residue. So I took it apart and it had rusted inside. I would not recommend this sterilizer and if you’re using one, take it apart regularly to monitor it for degradation. I tossed it out a few months ago.
The only reason I bring this up is because a YouTube personality mentioned using one (sorry dude) and it’s bad advice IMO.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new