Jebao RW4 controller LED problem

RP709

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I looked around a bit and while Jebao issues are a popular topic I didn't see this one. My RW4 master/slave setup has been in use for a couple years now, a few days ago I unplugged both pumps and power completely. When I plugged them back in the controller i was using as the master decided not to light up, the wave strength or speed indicators I mean, and just those. Changing the master slave configuration makes no difference and since the other LED's on the controller work fine I am assuming it's an issue with just those. So my question is has anyone had this problem with any of their units and is there a user fix for it? You wouldn't think it was a big deal but it's actually hard to tell off it's on power level one or power level ten, most annoying! I haven't tried to open it up yet but I'm handy with a soldering iron if I knew what and where to get what I need. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never have opened one but they are fairly cheap on Ebay. :)

OP
OP
RP709

RP709

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd as it is I put that controller in night mode and the level lights came back on. However it would not come out of night mode as a stand alone even with the flashlight. So I unplugged it and now it's working fine as the slave with all LED's and functions. I'm just assuming at this point the controller is on its way out and will use this time to get a new one.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back