Jebao RW4 controller LED problem

RP709

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2017
Messages
20
Reaction score
17
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I looked around a bit and while Jebao issues are a popular topic I didn't see this one. My RW4 master/slave setup has been in use for a couple years now, a few days ago I unplugged both pumps and power completely. When I plugged them back in the controller i was using as the master decided not to light up, the wave strength or speed indicators I mean, and just those. Changing the master slave configuration makes no difference and since the other LED's on the controller work fine I am assuming it's an issue with just those. So my question is has anyone had this problem with any of their units and is there a user fix for it? You wouldn't think it was a big deal but it's actually hard to tell off it's on power level one or power level ten, most annoying! I haven't tried to open it up yet but I'm handy with a soldering iron if I knew what and where to get what I need. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
 
I never have opened one but they are fairly cheap on Ebay. :)
 
Odd as it is I put that controller in night mode and the level lights came back on. However it would not come out of night mode as a stand alone even with the flashlight. So I unplugged it and now it's working fine as the slave with all LED's and functions. I'm just assuming at this point the controller is on its way out and will use this time to get a new one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new