Jebao SLW Reviews?

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not plan to do much sps, I may just put one or to later on towards the top. I mainly am doing lps so if you want specifics torches,hammers,frogspawn,acans,zoas,mushrooms, trachys, scolys, and an anemone. It is an aio I don't know if the outside magnet is safe to be under water is it?
I wont claim to know for sure on the magnet but i do believe both internal and external are made of the same material.
In case your not aware, theres 2 magnets that sandwich the glass, then the slw sticks to the internal magnet.

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wont claim to know for sure on the magnet but i do believe both internal and external are made of the same material.
In case your not aware, theres 2 magnets that sandwich the glass, then the slw sticks to the internal magnet.
Yes I know that, I just need to know if external magnet is safe to go in water.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I know that, I just need to know if external magnet is safe to go in water.
I believe both magnets are made from the same ceramic materials. If so then it definitely is, since the interior one isnt fully sealed. .

Jack2104

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That new MLW-5 has my interest. Thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair of them, even with a lack of reviews and a brand new product.
Received my MLW-5 today, came in 10 days from China. The pump is tiny, but imagine very similar in size to SLW-5. Including the rubber piece on the inside, it protrudes around 43mm, which I am happy with. No fancy thin cables like the Nero. Controllability seems good at first look, only have one for the time being so I cant comment on syncing them up. Not confident that it is actually 3000lph, would say it is a fair way behind the RW-4 pump I was using before which I believe is 4000lph. That said is more than enough flow for my 20gallon (running at c70%).

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ordered a MLW-5 for my fluval 13 as well. Hopefully it comes within 10days as well.
the RW pumps have a more linear flow pattern so they throw water further. the MLW is a wider spread so it doesnt go as far. So it might not seem like its moving 3000lph but it probably is just the flow pattern is alot different compared to the RW4.
Are the control functions better than the old Jebao ones can you do more? Or is it basically the same type of control just digital and through an app. Can you setup programs and such?

Jack2104

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a MLW-5 for my fluval 13 as well. Hopefully it comes within 10days as well.
the RW pumps have a more linear flow pattern so they throw water further. the MLW is a wider spread so it doesnt go as far. So it might not seem like its moving 3000lph but it probably is just the flow pattern is alot different compared to the RW4.
Are the control functions better than the old Jebao ones can you do more? Or is it basically the same type of control just digital and through an app. Can you setup programs and such?
Control options are the same bunch; Constant, Pulse, Sine, Random, and feed mode.

However, it does have an option to set a programme over a day if you want to save certain times for feed mode/low-no flow at night etc.

Also there seems to be more finesse in setting the power (eg. 1-100% rather than the 10 different lights on the old Jebao's).

App is relatively easy to use, not so sure about the control panel.

Jack2104

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! I'd love to see some screenshots of the programming features and options in the app.
Tried to upload them in order of me making a program. Hope that helps.

Screenshot_20210422-220838.png Screenshot_20210422-220753.png Screenshot_20210422-220802.png Screenshot_20210422-221324.png Screenshot_20210422-221333.png Screenshot_20210422-221609.png

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe, from playing with the app, that you can set different flow patterns throughout the day and nite. Also can have it ramp up and downthroughout the day and nite.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
well that seems like a huge upgrade and like that ability. Now I am more excited to get my MLW5. I ordered a Nero3 but had to cancel it as I found out the lowest it goes is 600gph and that would be to crazy for my fluval 13 as its min setting.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
got my MLW5 today.
It is nice and small and its nice to be able to control via an app. I am kinda bummed you can only set one schedule. I was hoping you would be able to set multiple programs per day to keep the variation of flow changing throughout the day

NormanB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've placed 2 slw-30's in a standard 75g tank. Both are about 6-7 inches from the top with one at the left front and the other at the right rear. Nice random flow...each set at 4 and master slave so they run opposite each other. I can see a smooth left/right/left/right surge in the tank from above.

One has been running since 1/21 and the 2nd since 2/21. I haven't cleaned either yet, both are very quiet. These replaced 2 Current USA eflux wave pumps. Much wider and better flow.

Is anyone here using the light option so at night the pumps slow down? I'm wondering how well that works and does the system respond well to this?

foxngn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking for upgrade my current ow-10, which max flow is 4000lph.
I saw that SLW-10 max flow is also 4000lph. I heard the flowrate for the SLW will be more power, is this just some marketing gimmick?
If i were to exchange it to SLW series, won't it be redundant?

Another issue i got is, my glass is 12mm, but i see the SLW-10 is to be used on 10mm & below glass. I'm not sure how true is that, as the ow-10 also listed as it is for 10mm & below glass.

My tank is 60g cube. If i were to get SLW-20, max flow 10,000lph, won't that be overkill for my tank?

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
go for the 20. The flow patterns of these pumps is much different. they are much wider than the OW style so it wont reach as far into the tank with a pump that pushes the same LPH as the SLW vs OW style

Simon_K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks, I bought the MLW-10 but it came with 2 pumps and NO power supply! Can someone with MLW-10 (or higher) send a photo of the power supply? MLW-5 uses different power supply, so that won't do!

s-l1600.jpg

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my two MOW-3 pumps fresh of the boat from China yesterday. I've got them up and running manually, but I cannot for the life of me get them connected to my wifi. "Smart" configuration mode isn't working and when I run the setup in "AP" mode, I can see and connect to either controller with my phone, but as soon as I connect via the app, the pump disappears and wifi it turned off (no wifi symbol, flashing or otherwise) on the controller.

What the heck is the secret to these things?!

Goodiehard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my two MOW-3 pumps fresh of the boat from China yesterday. I've got them up and running manually, but I cannot for the life of me get them connected to my wifi. "Smart" configuration mode isn't working and when I run the setup in "AP" mode, I can see and connect to either controller with my phone, but as soon as I connect via the app, the pump disappears and wifi it turned off (no wifi symbol, flashing or otherwise) on the controller.

What the heck is the secret to these things?!
Hey Hooz,

I was not able to connect either on my android phone. The way I fixed it was setting them up with my old iPhone. After that I could see the config on my android and program the flow.

Good luck.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back