Jeboa Dosing Pump Reviews

Nigel35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been looking into dosing pumps recently and I came across what seemed like a cheap and somewhat effective dosing pump:

I am wondering if this will get the job done. I will be dosing CA, Alk and potentially some other trace elements like magnesium and iodine.

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been looking into dosing pumps recently and I came across what seemed like a cheap and somewhat effective dosing pump:

I am wondering if this will get the job done. I will be dosing CA, Alk and potentially some other trace elements like magnesium and iodine.

I have always used the Jebao dosers and have had good success with them. Keep the pumps calibrated (I did it each time I replenished dosing media) and they work quite well. I actually just upgraded to the new Wifi version and REALLY like it so far. It is much easier to program and is working flawlessly for me so far (only had it a few weeks).

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It comes with instructions to do it. I use a 100ml graduated Cylinder from Amazon. You have to put the doser in calibration mode and fill to the 100ml line. The pump times how long to get to 100ml and then knows how long it will need to correctly dose.

Philly Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally depends on your luck.. if you get a good one, then it will be reliable as long you calibrated it.
But if you get a bad one... You'll be calibrating it every day

BigMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I originally posted the below Feb 9, 2021 and I'm still very happy.

I installed a Jebao 4 head unit exactly 480 days ago. Every one will have different experiences, but I couldn't be more satisfied. Like any doser calibration is key, after running long enough to purge all air and several calibrations it has remained untouched for those 480 days. I have graduated dosing reservoirs and add 1000ml at a time to track actual usage. It has been set to dose equal amounts of soda ash and calcium chloride. Again, hands off I have dosed 24,373 ml soda ash and 24,498 ml calcium chloride. That's within 0.5% what's not to like.

Last edited:

fryman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use them for my copepod cultures to dose phyto. They get the job done, but not great at holding cal and the heads wear out sometimes (can be replaced and actually come with a spare head from amazon). The price is great.

I wouldn't use them for dosing anything that needs high accuracy.

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting reviews and about what I expected. See similar to all Jebao equipment. As long as you maintain it it is dependable. My builds equipment list includes the 4 head doser, gyre style wavemaker and other power heads. I am going to use my doser for calc, all, and topping off water from RODI jug.

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used it with no problems. A couple things that I noticed that will help:

1) the silicon tube isn't the best quality, so if its been in the pump rotating thing for too long the kink sticks so it doesn't pump that well, what yiu need to do is just take the rotating thing apart and twist the silicone tube a bit so the kink goes away. There are youtube videos about how to do this. Very easy.

2) also since the silicone tube isn't the best quality. It also doesn't seal 100% when the pump is not running. Usually thats not an issue if the pressure difference for the syphon of the peristaltic pump is small. But if its large, it will slowly drain to the direction of the lower pressure. To fix that yiu just need to make sure the dosing containers are in the similar level as where you are dosing. So, don't put yiur dosing bottles, for ex, on a top shelf above your tank, doing so will slowly drain your entire bottle into the tank.

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using one. I've only been using it a few months so I can't really give an accurate long term review, but so far it seems to be working well.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 14.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 45 45.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back