Jecod DMP replacement wet side available now

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jonreefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I've heard that Ecotech's modern wet-side panels last for several years, is that right?

I've heard that Jebao's don't last very long.

Not my experience with Ecotech wetsides. I watched the price increase and the life expectancy go down. MP40 wetsides are now $120!!!! At one time I had eight MP40's and I don't know how many MP10's. I can't even begin to guess how many wetsides I've purchased, going through wetsides faster than I change underwear, I tried Jebao wetsides. I purchased two Jebao 40 wetsides that fit perfectly with Ecotech drysides, and worked until one did the similar crack and swell magnet thing...maybe at 8-10 months. I'm now down to three MP40's running with one wetside a Jebao. I'm done with Ecotech! Just contemplating what wetsides I want to go with. Thinking Jebao conventional powerheads. Their entire powerhead with controller is less than a single Ecotech wetside...maybe SLW or ELW powerheads. If I get two years out of them, I'm ahead of the game.
 
Not my experience with Ecotech wetsides. I watched the price increase and the life expectancy go down. MP40 wetsides are now $120!!!! At one time I had eight MP40's and I don't know how many MP10's. I can't even begin to guess how many wetsides I've purchased, going through wetsides faster than I change underwear, I tried Jebao wetsides. I purchased two Jebao 40 wetsides that fit perfectly with Ecotech drysides, and worked until one did the similar crack and swell magnet thing...maybe at 8-10 months. I'm now down to three MP40's running with one wetside a Jebao. I'm done with Ecotech! Just contemplating what wetsides I want to go with. Thinking Jebao conventional powerheads. Their entire powerhead with controller is less than a single Ecotech wetside...maybe SLW or ELW powerheads. If I get two years out of them, I'm ahead of the game.
I'm so sorry you feel that way. It's a shame that's happening. I'm also thinking about which pumps to buy, and I'm considering the same thing as you: either conventional Jebao systems or maybe Tunze pumps.
 
I've heard that Ecotech's modern wet-side panels last for several years, is that right?

I've heard that Jebao's don't last very long.

Not my experience with Ecotech wetsides. I watched the price increase and the life expectancy go down. MP40 wetsides are now $120!!!! At one time I had eight MP40's and I don't know how many MP10's. I can't even begin to guess how many wetsides I've purchased, going through wetsides faster than I change underwear, I tried Jebao wetsides. I purchased two Jebao 40 wetsides that fit perfectly with Ecotech drysides, and worked until one did the similar crack and swell magnet thing...maybe at 8-10 months. I'm now down to three MP40's running with one wetside a Jebao. I'm done with Ecotech! Just contemplating what wetsides I want to go with. Thinking Jebao conventional powerheads. Their entire powerhead with controller is less than a single Ecotech wetside...maybe SLW or ELW powerheads. If I get two years out of them, I'm ahead of the game.
How are you cleaning the wetsides? I've had the same mp40s for 6 years, constant duty, and have had no problems.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new