JF burnin banana

SPIREEFER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Claiming its territory right away 4 sweepers 3/4" long all day long doesn't even bother hiding them during the day.
59e365db675a0679d952726eee2f45d7.jpg

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have not posted in a while...Quick pic with phone today.

I think the Bryopsis has taken its course now for the last several weeks I have been battling Cyano ;(

sept_bannana.JPG

Ghxst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! I got rid of whatever version of bry/maiden hair I had with crabs, looking to get this coral now.

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to comment on the algae, it looks like bryopsis to me. Hope your able to get rid of it. It's a beast to remove.

It took two treatments but the Fluconazole did get rid of the Bryopsis. So glad, that stuff was a pain. I was removing rock and pulling it off only to have it come right back.

Being patient with the Cyano, vacuuming each day directly into filter sock has been helping.

Ghxst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well can't change those bulbs! Gl with fighting it, it seems easy to do so with a few changes

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock is flipped around, October picture(Iphone).
You can see that it runs down the wall on both sides of the rock.

I removed original frag,(actually that has more growth than the original frag ;) perhaps I can get it to start growing on the other side of the rock as well.

It is of decent size now.

banana_web.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is one for November. December will be one year anniversary for the aquarium.
I will pop one up for December and then one every 3-6 months.

It is doing very well, heck I would not mind this coral encrusting on my main rock it is such a beautiful coral. Actual size is about 3"x3" however it has grown up and down the vertical portions of the rock as well.

banana_Nov_2017.jpg

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you take a look on the first page you can see how much the Montipora Spongodes has grown as well. It is one of the fastest growing corals in my tank the only one faster is the Milka Stylophora... it grows like a weed. Easy corals to grow, they really keep your interest on the tank as the acros are slugs in comparison.
spongodes_Nov_2017.jpg

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I liked the original photo you posted of that colony, Yes it is doing well! It looks like it is spreading right on the gravel. I have moved my rock several times perhaps I will let it be and it will do the same. I think I may get a hold of the pink also, it appears to be very bright as well. It really is a beautiful encrusting coral. Where did you pick up the pink one?

reefd00d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is one for November. December will be one year anniversary for the aquarium.
I will pop one up for December and then one every 3-6 months.

It is doing very well, heck I would not mind this coral encrusting on my main rock it is such a beautiful coral. Actual size is about 3"x3" however it has grown up and down the vertical portions of the rock as well.

banana_Nov_2017.jpg
If you are still around or ever come back, can you post an updated picture?

Back