OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right I meant that to say this is one of the only "yellow" one I know of that actually keeps its yellow color.

Yes I understood... Just reinforced what you were saying!
Its growing pretty well, I think that when it covers the rock it is really going to stand out.

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 months... really starting to spread now. It has all color back from the low Alk incident.
It really stands out in the tank!
3 months
bannana_20331.jpg

4 months
Spongodes0430.jpg

bluerexy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really cool piece! Looks like you're starting to get real good growth. the guys at CC are great. I'm lucky to be local to them.

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too...

I actually lived not to far from Todd at one time. I have purchased coral from Brent for a long time as well. (When he worked at Pet Connection) ;)

I was out of hobby for a while and jumped back in end of 2015, starting with a nano.

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the whole tank but most from the top... You can see 3 frags of an oregon tort on top. One of my favorites so I hope the multiple frags will help the speed of a colony of the macro. It really has beautiful color.

top_view_0501_1.jpg

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another pic under the morning blue lighting...
I ramp the color from Blue to white (mostly white at peak) back down to blue

banana_0504.jpg

superusername

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impressive growth and great color. I may have to put this on my list for RAP.

Not to change the subject, but what algae is that branching there? That seems to be growing quickly as well. :eek:

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not 100% positive, but I think it may be Chaeto as it was in my sump and some of it got in the display. I can see a curly piece floating around on occasion. Not so worried about that algae what I am concerned about is the darn bubble algae that hitchhiked on a frag that I bought. I really have been battling that. I started doing some nitrate dosing and well... let's just say that the Bubble Algae love it.
Every water change it gets sucked up through a bubble algae remover i made ;) Tough because the aquarium includes a flame hawk which has ate the emerald crab I put in and the tank is to small for a bubble algae eating fish. The BB actually has grown over some of it... It hangs on and eventually the BB is able to cover over. I can pull the rock and dig it out if I have to.

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impressive growth and great color. I may have to put this on my list for RAP.

Not to change the subject, but what algae is that branching there? That seems to be growing quickly as well. :eek:

You were right on the Algae it has become a pain... I have been working hard to get rid of this stuff. The bubble algae is easy to remove compared to this stuff.

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am giving it a try right now... About 4/5 days into it. Hard to really tell if it's doing anything yet... I don't have high hopes at this point.

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took this photo with the iPhone early today... Not bad, I am really surprised at how well it does.
Contrast /vibrance could be taken down a notch... It's growing on the other side a bit faster now. Maybe another view is in order...

Thinking about removing the original plug on top(cut it out) and placing that somewhere else... I don't think it would take to long to fill back in then I would have a start on another rock...

BananaJuly_2017.jpg

Last edited:

Reefrookie220

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to comment on the algae, it looks like bryopsis to me. Hope your able to get rid of it. It's a beast to remove.

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is a beast, whatever it is... I have used the Fluconazole I can't say that it has wiped out the algae however the growth appears to be stunted. The nitrates were down quite a bit during this time also so that could be a reason for the slowed growth. I am going to give it another round. If it stays It's possible that it may be some type of macro algae.

In the earlier picture i pulled the rock plucked and peroxided the algae. As you can see some has came back. This rock isn't the worst in the tank ;(

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back