JF burnin banana

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to score the JF Burnin banana at a very good price during the recent CC sale. Do not see many pics of this coral on the web.(other than small frags) Anyone have it? What has been the rate of growth... Just curious now that I have a frag of this.

Thanks

Va_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a pretty quick grower in the right conditions, it likes medium to high light.

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a colony or something larger than a frag that they can share pictures of? The small piece I have is near bottom polyps have opened up and looks good. I'll experiment regarding final placement. I just popped it off the plug and glued it to a small rock.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of mine, i have it in a few places now. I browned it out for a while with some bad tank mojo but it's coming back now starting to get the nice yellow back. Kept growing even while it was brown.
20170102_125833.jpg

And another one i have that I'm really liking right now.
20170102_125712.jpg

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a pic of my spongodes but the small burnin banan is right next to it...
It's on a separate rock, so it can be moved.

Retail over 100? -crazy... I guess 20.00 was a good price.

spongodoes1.jpg

rossco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a colony or something larger than a frag that they can share pictures of? The small piece I have is near bottom polyps have opened up and looks good. I'll experiment regarding final placement. I just popped it off the plug and glued it to a small rock.
I have a good sized colony of it, took a year to grow from a dime sized frag to a 2-3 inch colony. It is in the upper corner of this picture, sorry its the only decent picture I have at this size. And yes, sweepers. maybe 3\4 inch long, and had to move it away from a scoly because it was stinging it. I always keep my encrusters off the main rockwork anyway. have it partially shaded from some large acros, under T5.

Iron%20Man%20Acan%20Large_zpskovxvsf7.jpg

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, just what I was looking for...

At this point it is down at bottom, I have only had it since the sale no change of color still yellow and the polyps have been open. I have seen sweepers the first day. I think it is fine where it is until I see any adverse conditions. I have a sunset monti from the sale as well, I pulled both from the plugs and put them on their own rocks so that they can be moved both for light and to avoid spreading in an unwanted area. However, it may be sometime before I have to worry about corals spreading.

It looks nice, I am sure it is much nicer peering through the glass of your aquarium.

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Burnin Banana has started to grow, It has gone down the sides of the button and has started to attach to the rock...Very bright yellow. I think it will spread along the rock faster than it came down the sides of the button.

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will take a pic from the top down next month. The yellow is really pure yellow in this coral. It has tripled in size since it was placed in the tank.

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No green in this one.... My alk started to slip and it immediately started to dull. Once I seen what was going on I was able to bring it up a bit... This coral is quick indicator of low Alk in an aquarium... (at least mine... 7/7.2 it did not like and let me know right away)

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No green in this one.... My alk started to slip and it immediately started to dull. Once I seen what was going on I was able to bring it up a bit... This coral is quick indicator of low Alk in an aquarium... (at least mine... 7/7.2 it did not like and let me know right away)
Right I meant that to say this is one of the only "yellow" one I know of that actually keeps its yellow color.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back