OP
OP
J

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give em time to grow and fill in without being crowded ;)

Here's the pic of the mother of the sunset mille you guys got in daylights. It's a pretty sweet coral.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200613122627180_COVER~2.jpg

OP
OP
J

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update. po4 is FINALLY .22 (hanna) . I do like the slow and steady method of doing it. I uppped my vibrant dose to the recommended 1 ml per 10g as it didn't seem to rapidly drop my nutrients or anything. I still have some gba and cyano is growing bc of the vibrant. Not worried..

So I made the high pH alk DIY that randy had as my ph just keeps dropping as it's just getting too hot to open windows. Even my co2 scrubber couldn't keep pH up where I like it for rapid consumption.

I LOVE randys receipe so far. let there be GROWTH!

5daydix1.jpg

Ugin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank. Do you have wider/full tank shots by chance?

I'm a big acro head myself. I saw you have one of Matt V's pieces and was curious if you'd consider any of his other stuff? (e.g. pyscho asylum, rainbow envy, etc). I love them so much :D

OP
OP
J

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank. Do you have wider/full tank shots by chance?

I'm a big acro head myself. I saw you have one of Matt V's pieces and was curious if you'd consider any of his other stuff? (e.g. pyscho asylum, rainbow envy, etc). I love them so much :D

I can get one for sure. I just have a google 4 cell phone and a gel filter, so it never ends up being that sweet of a shot. But I can.

I think his pieces are very sweet. I just have been taking a liking to SBB corals, more.

OP
OP
J

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: so pH has been consistently higher now. I am running Sodium Hydroxide for alk and running the skimmer line outside my window.

The only thing I can do now is put some plants in the house? My house is very tight and running AC just plummets pH.

Any event, I also running the new purit now. Also the KZ colors instead of red sea.

My consumption is going up and colors have been coming in great. My space invader (not a stick i know) has REALLY been fluorescing. Ive also got yellow/orange colors at the base of my pink panther colony which Ive never seen before ever. Also a cool BC aquaticman that's about to take off t

MVIMG_20200617_174526.jpg MVIMG_20200617_174752.jpg IMG_20200617_174559.jpg

OP
OP
J

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that princess peach is so good looking. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get it and for what price?

I live relatively close too www.gregscorals.com ... I traded him some frags. It's not a super expensive frag at all. One of the cheapest ones I have. It is a pretty coral. Good grower, too

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the progression of the TSA PP !! Thankfully I live locally to them and get to live vicariously thru them with these hawt pieces.

But I do have an butt hole question,why do you guys spend so much money on coral and not a decent dslr with how cheap you can get them used lol ? It always boggles my mind. Like I got my Canon T3i with a few lenses,bag,batteries,charger for $80 on FB marketplace.

OP
OP
J

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the progression of the TSA PP !! Thankfully I live locally to them and get to live vicariously thru them with these hawt pieces.

But I do have an butt hole question,why do you guys spend so much money on coral and not a decent dslr with how cheap you can get them used lol ? It always boggles my mind. Like I got my Canon T3i with a few lenses,bag,batteries,charger for $80 on FB marketplace.
Lol valid. I wouldn't even know how to use one of i gotot one. I'll try getting a porthole or something

OP
OP
J

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
didn’t know he was still in business? as he sure doesn’t like to return potential customer emails.

Yeah like Glassmunky says it was a side hustle for him. He also got super busy, he went through a mini tank crash because his water supply got super jacked. Then he just moved/still in the process. Im sure he'll get back in the swing at some point.

mafiareefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice collection let’s see a FTS! I have a nice size collection my self. If you are ever interested in trading or putting a pack together pm me. You have some pieces that are on my hit list

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
SBB purpleliscious. It's even cooler in person. You can't even photoshop it because it'd be too bright. My favorite acro

i have a hard time taking a pic of this also its too dang bright lol this one is deff one to see in person

OP
OP
J

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a hard time taking a pic of this also its too dang bright lol this one is deff one to see in person

Yeah! I actually had her in too much par, but back to 450ish and shes growing really well now and the better colors. Agree though, its even hard to take a pic and obviously everyone will say it's chopped.

I'm upgrading to the Gen5s sometimes next week, the Ecotech rep I told you about who's roof I'm doing is giving me a deal on them in exchange for a lower roof cost. Can't wait to see what some of these pics look like under them!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back