John's Fluval Evo 13.5

Just another day sitting next to my gallery
 

Attachments

  • 40205474-961C-4E96-AA36-DE945112520C.jpeg
    40205474-961C-4E96-AA36-DE945112520C.jpeg
    259.6 KB · Views: 145
At the rate it has been growing, the toadstool is going to outgrow its allotted space within a couple of months and start shading out some other corals. So I decided to start a couple of small frags from it for when it moves to a new home. They ended up being smaller than I intended!

1633571799471.png
1633571877326.png
 
At the rate it has been growing, the toadstool is going to outgrow its allotted space within a couple of months and start shading out some other corals. So I decided to start a couple of small frags from it for when it moves to a new home. They ended up being smaller than I intended!

1633571799471.png
1633571877326.png
Howw many months is the tank now?
 
Howw many months is the tank now?
I got it in May or maybe late April. It was less than 1.5" then (I think it covers a 1.25" tile here). I just made an attempt at measuring it, and it is about 4.5". About 1/2" per month on average. It grows faster as it gets larger. It's not that big, but it will be getting big for this tank. If I didn't have so much stuff in there I would want to keep it.
1633627864153.png
1633628816983.png
 
Last edited:
Two months ago I glued two zoa polyps near my Favites. I had wondered how they would get along, since I have heard that they can be put by each other sometimes. It looks like these two can't. The Favites has decided to start stinging the 6 or 7 zoas and claim the space. They aren't happy. Two have already bailed out and left the rock to live in the sand.

1633796866343.png
1633797189617.png
 
When I cut the two small frags off of the toadstool (a few posts above), I accidentally cut off a really tiny piece of tissue that was only about 2mm in size. It has just been sitting on the sand for about 2 weeks now and I just noticed this. They really are indestructible!

1634655454635.png
 
Last edited:
You know what? I'm going to post my evo here too
 

Attachments

  • 16351245666345477470279733950802.jpg
    16351245666345477470279733950802.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 109
Wow. Everyone’s Evo tanks look GREAT !
John how often and how much water do you change?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new