minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
39264ef73d8574aea9a47cad865a4272.jpg

Out with the new and in with the old (school). Back to 2 part until the reactor is up and running.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
https://www.triton-lab.de/en/showroom/aquarium/auswertung-b/icp-oes/50961/

Here's my latest test. I was dosing Triton (full version core7) and Iodine only, (which was based on my last test). Iron has gone through the roof and I have a lot of Tin. Bought some Cuprisorb to take care of the Tin, but I'm not sure where it came from. The only new thing on my tank was a lid and some MP40's. Nickel and Zinc are low, so no rusting from anything and all magnets are clear.
I can only surmise that the iron started to build up from dosing Triton? I do water changes with Tropic Marin Pro Reef, so I'm guessing the new salt water is fine?
The low Iodine and high Tin could be why some of my sps were STN'ing? All I know, is I can't wait to get this calcium reactor online.
On top of all of this, my Neon Goby disappeared during a water change yesterday and I haven't seen him since. I looked everywhere outside the tank and haven't spotted him in the sump, although it's pretty full of chaeto. He's hid before, but I don't remember it being this long? Then if that didn't suck already, I knocked over my new lid and snapped off one of the support tabs on a corner. Ugh! A little glue and it's back together, but it looks like crap now. I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. (Airplane ref. so no PC police).

Last edited:

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.triton-lab.de/en/showroom/aquarium/auswertung-b/icp-oes/50961/

Here's my latest test. I was dosing Triton (full version core7) and Iodine only, (which was based on my last test). Iron has gone through the roof and I have a lot of Tin. Bought some Cuprisorb to take care of the Tin, but I'm not sure where it came from. The only new thing on my tank was a lid and some MP40's. Nickel and Zinc are low, so no rusting from anything and all magnets are clear.
I can only surmise that the iron started to build up from dosing Triton? I do water changes with Tropic Marin Pro Reef, so I'm guessing the new salt water is fine?
The low Iodine and high Tin could be why some of my sps were STN'ing? All I know, is I can't wait to get this calcium reactor online.
On top of all of this, my Neon Goby disappeared during a water change yesterday and I haven't seen him since. I looked everywhere outside the tank and haven't spotted him in the sump, although it's pretty full of chaeto. He's hid before, but I don't remember it being this long? Then if that didn't suck already, I knocked over my new lid and snapped off one of the support tabs on a corner. Ugh! A little glue and it's back together, but it looks like crap now. I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. (Airplane ref. so no PC police).

For Tin and Iron I would have a look at the rodi station.
I prefer to do my ICP tests with ATI as I can include a rodi sample which is tested together with the tank water and it easily shows if contamination is due to a lack of filter changes.

I use the same salt and have had trouble with Tin, Iron, Zinc and Nickel. All related to the rodi station. The salt was never the problem.

Bummer for the lid.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, I just replaced my di resin, so we'll see? Also, I took advantage of BRS black Friday deals already, just received my 3 stage DI upgrade kit, so now I'm running a 7 stage pro system. I'll probably try the ATI test next time around. I usually don't wait until I measure 1 TDS on the output of my ro system before I swap out filters, but I've been swamped with work and noticed that I was getting a reading, so I didn't make water until I got new resin. New filters are in the works and I'll probably order extra just so I'll have them on hand. I don't mind replacing filters before they are exhausted, plus it's cheaper to replace filters prematurely and not lose corals.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, I kinda went a little crazy on black Friday, but not too crazy. Bought the BRS 3 stage pro DI upgrade kit, apex pm1 module for my calcium reactor (hopefully on its way soon?), Lab grade pH probe and a large box.
a82ed562b09e6e01b52cfebf415bebfd.jpg

What might that box be? Well, it's the IM 25 lagoon Nuvo Black for $89.
My son wants a zoa garden, so looks like I need to start another build thread.
I was going to hold off and pick up a second hand 25 lagoon AIO if I could find one for a good deal, but they don't last long when they come up for sale. Then a clownfish changed everything.
Anyway, my niece was acting in a short film and they had a clownfish and anemone (bleached condy) as a prop and didn't know what to do with the fish after the shoot was over, so they gave it to my niece. She didn't have any means to care for the fish and didn't want to give it away, so I get a phone call late at night asking if I could take in a clownfish. I told my niece, sure, no problem, I'll find it a good home. When she arrived with the fish, she was in tears and didn't want to give up the fish, but knew that I would take good care of the fish and I told her that we would keep it and she could come and visit Carl (that's what she named him) any time. So, the need to speed up the zoa garden build took off and the Marine Depot sale of the nuvo black helped. To be continued on another thread.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, another set back with fish. After losing my treasured neon goby after 4 years, I just lost a Wheeler's Goby that I had in QT. Ugh! Time for another ORA order. I would love to get a pair of Neon Gobies and a pair of Pink Spotted Watchman Gobies. That and I need to find another flasher wrasse. Maybe I'll hold out until I find a nice McCosker's?

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Holy crap, will it never end? Poke bowl, that's the name my son gave the filamented flasher has died. He was looking a little skinny lately, but still eating. Who knows how old he was?
The goods news, my SPS, what little I have are coloring up and the jawbreaker has produced some babies.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the wrasse. Cool name though.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry about the wrasse. Cool name though.
Thanks! My wife and son always come up with the names. I really need to get some flashers in there soon. The displays between my carpenters and line-spot were nothing short of amazing. To see the colors and fins on full display, going back and forth was always fun to watch. Hopefully I can order another ORA neon goby soon? Along with a pink-spotted watchman. I don't think I could set up a tank without a neon goby, such a great fish with lots of personality and one of the best cleaners out there. If I could only get a pair.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 61 55.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.3%
Back