Jose the Dbag (sorry mods but he has earned the name)

JPSKI25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lawnmower blenny may be seeking a new home! Those of you who have been by my place have gotten to see him and heard the stories. He has amazing colors for a lawnmower, not just the grays, browns, and tans, but blues, purples, reds, and yellows mixed in. The problems are he loves to knock frags in the sand. Not to just knock them over but it gives him a chance for his favorite thing. BITING ME! I came home from a JARC meeting today to find most of the frags from my rack in the sand. As I was retrieving them he bit me 7 different times, 1 drawing blood (not much but still!) After every bite he would do a little victory dance across the front of the tank. I was using my big feeding baster to block him but he would sqeeze through the rocks just to get me. As much as I love his colors and how cool he looks, the biting is getting old! He may not make it into the new tank, maybe the sump, or a frying pan!!!

Compguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can relate, my darn clown started doing the same thing, anytime I stick my hand in the tank to do anything he bites, I think its because he is expecting food because when I don't feed frozen I take the flakes between my fingers and stick them right on my vortech so it shoots it all over in the tank, so I think anytime my hand goes in he thinks food. But it got old quick, now anytime I stick my hand in I have to have my tongs in the other hand to beat him away, LOL, it sucks though doesn't it!!!

Reefinginpasadena

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha i know what your talking about my clowns ya the stupid pair both bite me but mostly just the female and i had a lawn mower blenny and he used to bite me and go after me but i couldnt take it with all of them doing that so i took the lawn mower blenny to a lfs... plus him and my big female clown were starting to go at it haha.

OP
OP
JPSKI25

JPSKI25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't him any full body pics but you can see some of the colors in these. His whole body has that purple and blue speckling

johnny124.jpg

tank021.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JPSKI25

JPSKI25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife calls him the chameleon because he changes colors as the day goes on

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool looking fish! Invest in a box of the disposable gloves and put those on before you put you hands in the tank!

Jon Luciani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
busy today? i pulled some rock for you i suggest you rince in vinegar it stinks like poos

acanman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know exactly how you feel.. my midas blenny and my pair of clowns bite me every time i put my hand in the tank the clowns swarm me... and they double team me... and the midas is in another tank and when im feeding my acans or just doing maintance work he will bite me atleast 3 times while im in the tank... it ticks me off so bad...

OP
OP
JPSKI25

JPSKI25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool looking fish! Invest in a box of the disposable gloves and put those on before you put you hands in the tank!

As much as he knocks stuff down I'll be going through half a box a day! :D After 6 years working in the back of an ambulance wearing them.....I just hate the feel of em on.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back