Jourdy's 90 Gallon Mixed Reef

eric8625

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jourdy, I was wondering if you could pm me your radion schedule? I also have gen 1 and can't seem to get the colours right. Thanks

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love this reef so much!

OP
OP
jourdy

jourdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's this month's update (October 1)!

I have been experimenting lately on altering the colors of SPS. I tried setting the Radions at a lower output for a few weeks and upped my phosphates a bit. Some colors have darkened, especially noticeable in the Tricolor Valida.

Some of my SPS are about 1mm away from each other.. I think it's time to cut again.

Anyway, some photos:

FTS
N0jagRB.jpg

These digitatas grow so fast. They always get fragged by my urchins. I think this piece alone has been accidentally broken 4x in 2 months, thus the weird growth pattern.
UCaRQUc.jpg

I like this one more now than when I got it. The polyps are apparently blue, which I have noticed just now!
b6KyZWr.jpg

Lower light and higher phosphates made these darker
AaRtEW4.jpg

rYDMSLe.jpg

As you can see, the SPS are almost touching each other! I need to move them but I want to keep them there LOL.
EUCKuER.jpg

This small frag of tricolor valida has grown nicely since last month
tYpfzD7.jpg

This one grows really slow compared to the others, but the difference when I first got it has been amazing to me. I didn't know the colors would retain that well, considering his spot is a bit shaded (thus the blurry photo - had to angle a bit).
LWQJZDj.jpg

Aussie Spatulatha - this one became dull colored in my tank. It used to have pale yellow highlights. Not sure if I can keep this colorful because apparently they need colder temps? My tank is at around 27.5C-29C only. Oh well, at least it's still alive!
zdK6imE.jpg

This small frag of Blue Iris has grown a lot as well. Double in 2 months. The mother colony (not pictured) is about 1 foot tall now
wYKZoOZ.jpg

This has shown growth too, but I don't know why the growth is curving back to the stem. Any ideas?
36jOPwx.jpg

OP
OP
jourdy

jourdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of my favorites, started from a really small frag (gave the colony away and left a frag for myself). No idea what this is though.
B4uodZH.jpg

This is starting to tower over all the neighbors! I don't know what it is but the stem is really long and just a single stalk
KLtZALX.jpg

They have encrusted so far.. wonder what will happen if I just let them battle it on their own
tiLsPmd.jpg

The blue and red dragon I got 2 months ago. The colors have improved so much that the person who sold it to me did not even recognize it haha. However I don't know why the red dragon looks pink.
wlx5C3b.jpg

WLwojpo.jpg

My ORA Red Planet has now fully healed (When I got it, it had a huge hole in the middle of the plug)
HDUoDkX.jpg

I recently got some Acropora Microclados.. but they are pale. I'm not a fan of these pastel colors, waiting for the colors to darken (I'm not using zeo anyway so there's no chance for them to retain these colors)
4eYrCtD.jpg

gN6LpA5.jpg

This piece was a similar pastel colored blue and green before but now has darkened
SCIZRxc.jpg

My favorite SPS - I noticed the polyp extension isn't as good as before. Might be due to the warfare with its very close neighbor?
rB9Dcuv.jpg

Some zoas under dusk settings
z4e98S1.jpg

njkd98b.jpg

qYufzOQ.jpg

GvpzWbJ.jpg

1WRKEHo.jpg

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing shots of some breathtaking specimens. Keep them coming

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Stunning and keep the photos coming!

Vac7369

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone have his schedule? I would love to try it out. I messaged the guys in this forum who said to and am yet to hear back.

WarLock_Edward

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jourdy, I was wondering if you could pm me your radion schedule? I also have gen 1 and can't seem to get the colours right. Thanks

OP
OP
jourdy

jourdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the link for download of the radion schedule.
It is .etp since I am using the Ecosmart Config Utility instead of the ecosmart live platform.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=77488565391891637214

Careful with the intensity, my radions are 4 yrs old so it is probably weaker than most. And mine does not have UV

jkush710

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw this thread from beginning to end..... WOW... Absolutely incredible tank man

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back