Jourdy's 90 Gallon Mixed Reef

aquaterra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank. I'm trying your schedule now (added UV to it from 10%-90% through the day), it definitely looks better from that quick run instead of my old schedule of having my blues and UV maxed all the time!

Robbs Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One one of the most awsome mixed tanks I have seen thanks for sharing curious how old is your tank now? Just keep posting luv to see such success in our hobby thanks again

Martyd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone is interested, I have Jourdy's original schedule, plus one I modified, that takes out some of the strange spikes in his schedule. It follows his basic color profile and I have gotten great results with it.

jbeards1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd share my lastest FTS

ZkJFMiOh.jpg
Beautiful. May i ask what equipment you have?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's this month's update (October 1)!

I have been experimenting lately on altering the colors of SPS. I tried setting the Radions at a lower output for a few weeks and upped my phosphates a bit. Some colors have darkened, especially noticeable in the Tricolor Valida.

Some of my SPS are about 1mm away from each other.. I think it's time to cut again.

Anyway, some photos:

FTS
N0jagRB.jpg

These digitatas grow so fast. They always get fragged by my urchins. I think this piece alone has been accidentally broken 4x in 2 months, thus the weird growth pattern.
UCaRQUc.jpg

I like this one more now than when I got it. The polyps are apparently blue, which I have noticed just now!
b6KyZWr.jpg

Lower light and higher phosphates made these darker
AaRtEW4.jpg

rYDMSLe.jpg

As you can see, the SPS are almost touching each other! I need to move them but I want to keep them there LOL.
EUCKuER.jpg

This small frag of tricolor valida has grown nicely since last month
tYpfzD7.jpg

This one grows really slow compared to the others, but the difference when I first got it has been amazing to me. I didn't know the colors would retain that well, considering his spot is a bit shaded (thus the blurry photo - had to angle a bit).
LWQJZDj.jpg

Aussie Spatulatha - this one became dull colored in my tank. It used to have pale yellow highlights. Not sure if I can keep this colorful because apparently they need colder temps? My tank is at around 27.5C-29C only. Oh well, at least it's still alive!
zdK6imE.jpg

This small frag of Blue Iris has grown a lot as well. Double in 2 months. The mother colony (not pictured) is about 1 foot tall now
wYKZoOZ.jpg

This has shown growth too, but I don't know why the growth is curving back to the stem. Any ideas?
36jOPwx.jpg

Hmm...missing the November update I see...gonna have to write you a citation for that, sir... ;)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@jourdy I see you were looking at this thread this morning! HA!

OP
OP
jourdy

jourdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I'll post updates soon. Didn't realize it has been so long without an update. I even skipped the photo contests! Noo.
I don't even remember which pictures I have and have not uploaded.

@revhtree Not sure if that was me, but I don't recall visiting the site in quite some time due to being very busy. Or maybe it opened unintentionally on the phone.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back