Jumping In

Ragnar's buddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello, I've inherited a 180g reef tank rehab project. The old tank glass was poorly cared for. Any recommendations to not scratch the bajeezus outta my new glass? Project status: Water is in, old rock is in, deciding on sand and refugium media. Any/all comments are sooo welcomed! Thanks for the read, Rag.

Crabs McJones

Mayor of R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Welcome to R2R!
Is it glass or acrylic? If it's class vinegar and a razor blade work great ;) Just be gentle
If its acrylic you have to be more careful as it scratches much easier, and don't use a razor blade, use a plastic scraper or something similar.
giphy.gif
#WelcometoR2R

OP
R

Ragnar's buddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello, I've inherited a 180g reef tank rehab project. The old tank glass was poorly cared for. Any recommendations to not scratch the bajeezus outta my new glass? Project status: Water is in, old rock is in, deciding on sand and refugium media. Any/all comments are sooo welcomed! Thanks for the read, Rag.
Forgot that this hobby has more details than I am used to....Coral REEF is the goal. This pic is for those who like a good laugh.
front scratches 2.jpg

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Vinegar and a magic eraser, along with a razor blade if needed, will be your best friend.

KCSUMPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Welcome to R2R! You will find most everything you need here. Please PM me if you have specific questions and I can try to answer them or get you a good site/R2R member that can... :) . Join a local club too! Get to know your LFS owners...

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 5.29.43 PM.png

Get Fish & Corals directly for the suppliers
Cultivated Reef

Any special reefing plans for this week?

• Yes

Votes: 164 45.9%
  • No

Votes: 153 42.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 40 11.2%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Live Fish Food Combo Packs - AlgaeBarn.com
Mistress Corals