Just another SCA 50 build thread.....

102ttran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi kinetic

I just got back into the hobby and had the same tank as yours. Was wondering how much did it cost for your pvc plumbing because I was going to do pvc plumbing also. And how did you do your side rail to keep all the wires in place. And what light did you use for the stand it look so bright.

OP
OP
Kinettik

Kinettik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi kinetic

I just got back into the hobby and had the same tank as yours. Was wondering how much did it cost for your pvc plumbing because I was going to do pvc plumbing also. And how did you do your side rail to keep all the wires in place. And what light did you use for the stand it look so bright.
I spent $120 on the SCH40, fittings and valves from BRS.

The rail was a 2"x2" open slot rail, $10 on Amazon.

The LED under the stand is cheap modular set from Amazon, about $20.

reefgall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have links to all the plumbing parts you used? or a list? I can't figure out how to plumb mine and it didn't come with any plumbing..

SharkAttack06

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Kinettik How's the tang in that size tank? I have the same setup and really want a yellow tang in it. I only have 2 clowns, six line, and a bf shrimp. Looking for a "main attraction" fish. I've just been worried about the size of the tank. Also, how much was the lid? Thanks.

OP
OP
Kinettik

Kinettik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Kinettik How's the tang in that size tank? I have the same setup and really want a yellow tang in it. I only have 2 clowns, six line, and a bf shrimp. Looking for a "main attraction" fish. I've just been worried about the size of the tank. Also, how much was the lid? Thanks.

The Tang is great. I got it as a baby so it's just under a year old now. I know the Tang Police may have issues, but it's happy and healthy, and being a small breed, I think it's fine. It and my Angel are always together and exactly the same size.

OP
OP
Kinettik

Kinettik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have links to all the plumbing parts you used? or a list? I can't figure out how to plumb mine and it didn't come with any plumbing..

Screenshot_20190118-202241_Samsung Internet.jpg

OP
OP
Kinettik

Kinettik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it's been a year, but some updates.

Had an unusually hot summer, and my house is old and poorly insulated, so I had some heat spikes in the tank (no chiller). Unfortunately, that seemed to really hurt my corals. So, I decided to eliminate the corals for now, until I can maintain a better stability (or move), and went to a FOWLR setup. This after upgrading the light specifically for coral growth :(

Current inhabitants:

Black Oscellaris
Flurry Clownfish
6-line Wrasse
Sailfin Tang (Juvi)
Banggai Cardinal
Pink Spotted Watchman Goby
Dragon Sleeper Goby

Will update pics soon.

OP
OP
Kinettik

Kinettik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the time has come to retire this thread. Aside from the obvious lack of updates on my part (nothing has changed since the last posting) I am going to be tearing down and selling off this aquarium and shifting my focus to a nano build. Going to utilize some of the rock and livestock from this system in the new build. I am unsure of what components I will keep or sell off yet, not sure a Kessil 360 isn't just overkill on a 24g....... lol

Thanks to anyone who has commented and/or followed. Hope to make this next build thread significantly better.

✌️

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back