Just getting back into it

paradizecityz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a Waterbox 20, plan on keeping some sps but will be mostly lps. I've always had good luck with Radions and was thinking of getting 1-XR15 Blue but came across Nicrew and Smatfarm lighting from Amazon that has good reviews. Should I spend extra for Radion or go with Amazon light?

OP
OP
P

paradizecityz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend I think you already answered your question!!!

" I've always had good luck with Radions and was thinking of getting 1-XR15 Blue"

You want to have success, Id go with what is proven in your own head vs what some others say on a review.

Makes sense...I'm not opposed to trying those lights if I could save a few bucks :)

am3gross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Makes sense...I'm not opposed to trying those lights if I could save a few bucks :)

Save bucks on lights could make the coral suffer and or possibly die.

What coral do you plan to keep? If your trying to do SPS I would go with what you know, if your keeping softies I would say the lighting could be more forgiving.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lot's of people use and like Radions. If you liked them in the past, and don't mind paying premium price for a light, no one should call you dumb for just picking them again.

I also think it's smart to look around. The two options you listed, Nicrew & Smatfarm, have models that are as powerful or more powerful, and are cheaper. The downsides would be not as good costumer service, maybe not as good of an App/controller, less warranty, and maybe less quality (but maybe not).

I would also look at Noopsyche K7 for a similar price point to Nicrew and Smatfarm. It is 140 watts, 7 channels, (not-so-great) App control from your phone.

I would also recommend that you look at Reefi Uno 2.0. About the same price as the XR15. 270 watts compared to 100 watts. 3 year warranty.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.7%
Back