Just joined

HoldensReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there all!
Just started saltwater almost a month ago. I’ve always wanted a saltwater aquarium... but never SERIOUSLY started looking into it until my fiancé and I lost our son at 21 weeks of me being pregnant.
Something SCREAMED inside me to get a saltwater tank to memorialize him. The fish themselves aren’t a memorial towards him (thank goodness, I’d probably have a meltdown if one died, which is bound to happen I feel like). But rather the environment.
I’ve been reading a lot on this website so I felt it was time to just make an account!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there all!
Just started saltwater almost a month ago. I’ve always wanted a saltwater aquarium... but never SERIOUSLY started looking into it until my fiancé and I lost our son at 21 weeks of me being pregnant.
Something SCREAMED inside me to get a saltwater tank to memorialize him. The fish themselves aren’t a memorial towards him (thank goodness, I’d probably have a meltdown if one died, which is bound to happen I feel like). But rather the environment.
I’ve been reading a lot on this website so I felt it was time to just make an account!
Welcome!

Sorry for your loss. Glad its the environment that you're using to memorialize him. This hobby is a great one for families should you be ready to expand your human family in the future. In the meantime, your reefer family (your tank & us) are here for you! Glad you joined!

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!
Goofy Movie Hello GIF

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. So sorry for your loss, my wife and I lost a daughter during a pregnancy as well.

What a wonderful way to memorialize your son though. You sound like a determined person so I am confident you will take your time, do it right, and have a wonderful tank.

I recommend the many Bulk Reef Supply videos on the hobby. Tidal Gardens has great YouTube videos on corals. And LiveAquaria does a good job of describing different livestock, their needs and compatibilities.

I hope you do a build thread so we can see the progress of your build.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there all!
Sweetie... I am sending you hugs, prayers and warm thoughts. You just snapped me back. I lost a son the same way - 24 weeks. In my day, you were not supposed to talk about it - just move on like it did not happen. It sucked. I applaud you for finding a healthy way to process your loss and channel that into something healthy. Your feelings are very real ... acknowledging them and allowing yourself to remember him is a good thing. It's OK to cry. It's OK to scream. It's also OK to feel joy. God bless you and may he hold Holden in his care until you meet.
If you ever need someone to vent to... I'm here.
Michelle
Big Hug Sending Hugs GIF by memecandy

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the R2R family! So sorry for your loss. I find that my reef can be very therapeutic. Just be patient, go slow, and be prepared for disappointments. They can and will happen. Just part of the challenge of reefing. This is a difficult hobby, but OH SO REWARDING! Glad to have you with us and God bless.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back