Just like the leaves are beginning to change, how has your tank changed this year?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fall is one of my favorite seasons of the year. The leaves going from green to various different colors, the cooler weather, and all the holidays that come with the season. I am wondering how has your tank changed over this year so far? Have you added new livestock to the tank, new equipment, or maybe you have gotten a brand-new tank instead. Curious to see what everyone says!

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing much has changed on the livestock front this year, at least not in the Cade. Three new project tanks did make their way into the house a couple of moths ago! :)

The right one is already up and running with rainbow BTAs. A handful of rock flower anemones will be added in a couple of weeks.

The left one is cycling and will be a zoa only tank. As for the center one, the plan was NPS/Mangrove but we go back and forth.

On the equipment side, the biggest break through i think was that i finally managed to make the cameras work! This is what you look like in the mist if success!

asd.jpg 3.jpg

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing much has changed on the livestock front this year, at least not in the Cade. Three new project tanks did make their way into the house a couple of moths ago! :)

The right one is already up and running with rainbow BTAs. A handful of rock flower anemones will be added in a couple of weeks.

The left one is cycling and will be a zoa only tank. As for the center one, the plan was NPS/Mangrove but we go back and forth.

On the equipment side, the biggest break through i think was that i finally managed to make the cameras work! This is what you look like in the mist if success!

asd.jpg 3.jpg
Pretty big changes, having 3 new tanks!

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fall is my favorite time too. We get all four seasons in Michigan, just not in equal proportion. My tanks are well for the most part. A little coral loss from power outages and parameter swings, but good overall. I would say I am in an intermediate stage of reefing, and am preparing to advance my knowledge and experience. I will be adding more flow and lighting to a few of my tanks. I am going to study more about coral and fish to gain a better understanding of their biology as well.

MDAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

asd.jpg 3.jpg
This room is fire, I love how its all dress right dress

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love these little tanks. Have one in my office as well
lets see some pics!

Your deskmate is doing great!
thanks! I'm really happy with the progress it's been making! I'm finally ready to sit back and let things mature a bit. Only additions I"m looking to do is add a doser for top off, and possibly All For Reef (to help the SPS thrive).

SrDudley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgraded my 10 gallon to a 20 long in March, got my 40 breeder running shortly after that, got my wife’s 60 cube seahorse tank up running and picked up a 180 for the basement busy year!

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So…
1. I got a tank. That was a big change from no tank.

2. I did stuff to that tank, that’s a big change from stock empty tank.

So from nothing, to this:
IMG_7577.jpeg

To this:
IMG_7749.jpeg

To this:
IMG_7759.jpeg

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say my tank has changed as follows this year:
- Finally started adding more variety of soft corals
- Most zoas that did great for about a year are now in a 6+ month downward spiral

Pictures from January and recently...

1/2023:
FTS_2023_1.JPG

10/2023:
FTS_2023_10_1.JPG

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.2%
Back