Just pulled the trigger… LETS GOOOOOOO!

thewedge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, algae, condensation and salt creep. Plus it cuts down on gas exchange. Not a bad idea to have it handy if you go out of town for a few days though. It will cut down on evaporation. When I set up my 65, I had bought glass tops as well. Now the only time I use them is of I'm going to be fun for me than 5 days and no one is home to add ato water. But going to be an option on the 130 though.

OP
OP
Jonathan Adams

Jonathan Adams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, algae, condensation and salt creep. Plus it cuts down on gas exchange. Not a bad idea to have it handy if you go out of town for a few days though. It will cut down on evaporation. When I set up my 65, I had bought glass tops as well. Now the only time I use them is of I'm going to be fun for me than 5 days and no one is home to add ato water. But going to be an option on the 130 though.
Makes sense I think I’ll keep the cover but for daily use make a screen/mesh top, best of both worlds!

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A big welcome to reef2reef!!! And I’ll show off my tang gang! Again welcome to you both! :)
117A1EDA-42E1-4C15-9220-A2D50562117E.jpeg

jayoman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect! That’s the unit I plan on ordering them it’s a 6 stage 75 gph unit. I’ll order it tonight.
I bought a 5 stage 200gpd unit From BRS. I was worried about making water for my initial fill ( I have a 180 gal). I was basically able to make Enough water to fill my tank in a day and a half. Now I don’t need to make water that fast but I am able to make 70 gallons from scratch in about 6 hours. I would highly recommend getting over a 100gpd unit over number of stages. The speed comes in handy.

OP
OP
Jonathan Adams

Jonathan Adams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 5 stage 200gpd unit From BRS. I was worried about making water for my initial fill ( I have a 180 gal). I was basically able to make Enough water to fill my tank in a day and a half. Now I don’t need to make water that fast but I am able to make 70 gallons from scratch in about 6 hours. I would highly recommend getting over a 100gpd unit over number of stages. The speed comes in handy.
Didn’t think of that thank you! Does the unit you have have a water saver feature?

OP
OP
Jonathan Adams

Jonathan Adams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So getting the basement done and I was curious I have 1 dedicated 15 amp circuit for my setup. Which has 4 gfci protected out;ets. Enough? Thinking about adding a receptacle up high for future lights. Pics to follow son. Also if there are any mods out there I tried a couple of times posting my thread into my account for a build badge and I keep getting the oops message any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,not sure 1 15amp ,is going to be enough?
adding new up high,on new circuit ?

OP
OP
Jonathan Adams

Jonathan Adams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi,not sure 1 15amp ,is going to be enough?
adding new up high,on new circuit ?
So I ran a new circuit I’m actually going to install a 20amp breaker on it since the wire can handle the load. I’m thinking about adding an outlet up high for lights and another down low for anything else. When I get home I’ll post some pics of the area

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is a super rough list:
Fiji or regular fox face (only 1 they’re shy and aggressive to other rabbit fish)
Copper band butterfly from
NY aquatics. They eat mysis!
Kupang Yellowtail Damsel (keep a small group can be aggressive when they grow up)
Zebra Moray Eel (need a feed stock they eat 1-2 times a week and can hibernate. Feed with a feed stick)
Snowflake Eel as an alternative to the Zebra ‍♂️
Yellow watchman goby (pair with a pistol shrimp make sure the shrimp is cool in an acrylic tank!)
Yellow headed sleeper goby (needs live sand)
Matted tile fish (eats aiptasia like crazy when you introduce?)
Gray Head Wrasse or Ornate Weasse(needs sand may clean other fish. Needs at least a 2” sand bottom. Can keep a few)
Black and white heniochus
Bi color pseudo (get a small school needs hiding places)
Blue spot Toby puffer
Gold stripe Maroon clownfish pair (reef safe?)
Bangai cardinal (only 2 feed them feeder shrimp or meaty food)
Powder brown tang (only 1 super peaceful)
Chocolate tang (only 1 super peaceful)
Blue Hippo tang

I’m sure the eels gotta go and there are probably too many tangs but like I said super rough
I think your tangs are good for your tank size. I plan on double that for mine. Just have to watch body shape etc. and how many in each family. I have a post to go back and find from recommendations on my stocking list. Loved my yellow head sleeping goby and plan for another. even if I have to blow sand off corals... I'll into duce him early and see where he likes to make piles lol's.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also in PA and use the 6 stage. One of the carbons ideally would be one that can remove chloramines since a lot of places are switching from Chlorine to Chloramine. BRS is actually a huge retailer of RODI units and is a good place to purchase they are all standard sizes with the exception of the commercial units and to Ro Buddy.
I have the 4 stage from spectrapure on Amazon. I may want to eventually go to one that can make more water. We'll see how it keeps up with my soon to be new needs

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So getting the basement done and I was curious I have 1 dedicated 15 amp circuit for my setup. Which has 4 gfci protected out;ets. Enough? Thinking about adding a receptacle up high for future lights. Pics to follow son. Also if there are any mods out there I tried a couple of times posting my thread into my account for a build badge and I keep getting the oops message any help would be appreciated!
I added 2 20amp breakers just for my tank. That way I don't take away from my computer and printer and the rest of the outlets connected to that 15amp breaker which once space heaters are added come winter tends to trip. More is better.

Back