Just purchased Apex and AWS Dos float questions

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What floats would I need to aknowledge my FSW container lacks enough water to perform AWC and to cancell the water change?

Also my container will be about 12+ feet away. Best way to wire this?

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use an Apex Fmm module with 2 Optical Sensors on my Fresh Salt Water Container. One at the top, and one at the bottom. When bottom sensor goes dry, the AWC stops, shuts off the DOS which does the WC, and a Solenoid Valve Opens and fills the container with fresh RODI water. Once water hits top sensor, SV closes, and I have to scope salt.

OP
OP
Dondante

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use an Apex Fmm module with 2 Optical Sensors on my Fresh Salt Water Container. One at the top, and one at the bottom. When bottom sensor goes dry, the AWC stops, shuts off the DOS which does the WC, and a Solenoid Valve Opens and fills the container with fresh RODI water. Once water hits top sensor, SV closes, and I have to scope salt.

Thanks. This is new to me. So a couple of questions.

1. So I need an FMM module and 2 optical sensors. Can you point me to the optical sensors? Do they have to be Apex?

2. I'm not sure how I'm going to wire the DOS and sensors. My water station will be behind a wall and 12' away.

3. Do I also need a sensor in my sump to track the WC progress etc?

I appreciate your help. I'm new to all this.

Back