Just put down my 16 year old sheltie..

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I've had two shelties make it close to 16 years, my Merle girl Casey had to be euthanized Monday due to nose cancer, and my 16 year old Sable and white boy was put down about 2.5 years ago because he had heart problems among a myriad of other issues.

image.jpg

Anyone know of any sheltie breeders within a state drive to Indianapolis? I have two still but I really miss my pack.

The two on the outside are the two no longer with us.

image.jpg
Left to right - Riley (male), Davin (male), Shayla (female), Casey (female)

Sorry for not being around as much, between that, vacation, and a new job (graduated with my MBA and got new position) I am spread thin! Not been myself losing my best friends really sucks.

My first boy (Riley) went out eating a chocolate truffle and she went out eating peanut butter chex mix! Ate until she couldn't hold her head up anymore.

I always think it's important to pretend nothing is wrong and keep the dog happy as possible for its last moments. The last thing I want it to do is feel sad or worried because it knows I am upset. Afterwards I bawl like a baby I can't lie.

My daughter saying goodbye.
image.jpg

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss man. I can't imagine how tough it must be. Keep your head up and good luck with the new job.

Thanks buddy. It sucks, I swear I like my dogs more than most people!

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My family always had shelties and they will always hold a special place in my heart. My parents got their last two from Ancient Day Shelties in Ft. Recovery, OH. Sorry for your loss.

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss 3FF. As I've mentioned a few times my wife and I own a vet clinic so I see this on an almost daily basis. I know it doesn't help the pain, but know that if you got 2 shelties to 16 years old you're a very good parent.

Prayers for you and yours.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry for your loss....they really become part of your family. RIP Casey.

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so sorry for your family's loss. We have said a prayer for you and your beloved Casey. The picture of your beautiful little girl saying goodbye has filled my eyes with tears. I know you hurt but find peace in knowing you're doing right by them for a long life of love they shared with your family. It's hard to make the right decisions at times as a pet owners and this is the toughest. I will check around for a great breeder between us. I've raised boxers in the past high quality pedigrees and know the president of the local akc club. I've used a champion male of his for stud service before. I'm sure Clare will have some input of someone. I hope this helps. Take care my friend again sorry for your loss.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry buddy, we lost one of our dachshunds this past October. I'm still heartbroken from it, I hope you find a couple more shelties to complete the pack again. :)

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My family always had shelties and they will always hold a special place in my heart. My parents got their last two from Ancient Day Shelties in Ft. Recovery, OH. Sorry for your loss.
No one seems to have any pups! :/

I did locate a (relatively expensive) bi blue with blue eyes (3 weeks old so I will wait 5 weeks to get him if I do). It's a long drive from indianapolis (where I live) to pennsylvania (hour north of Pittsburgh) I am trying to find time to get over there with my baby girl it's hard!

Wish I could find a network of delivery folks to deliver him to me!! :D

Here he is:
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Here is what he would look like as an adult roughly:
image.jpg

Still trying to convince the wife. I miss the pack! Such great dogs, very obedient and well behaved. Mine didn't even have barking problems. Too many people call me the dog whisperer because I have an innate ability to understand them and get them to behave. If only it worked for my daughter...

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss 3FF. As I've mentioned a few times my wife and I own a vet clinic so I see this on an almost daily basis. I know it doesn't help the pain, but know that if you got 2 shelties to 16 years old you're a very good parent.

Prayers for you and yours.

Thank you, I would like to think so. My dogs are definitely part of the family.

So sorry for your loss....they really become part of your family. RIP Casey.

Thank you, they really do.

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. We have said a prayer for you and your beloved Casey. The picture of your beautiful little girl saying goodbye has filled my eyes with tears. I know you hurt but find peace in knowing you're doing right by them for a long life of love they shared with your family. It's hard to make the right decisions at times as a pet owners and this is the toughest. I will check around for a great breeder between us. I've raised boxers in the past high quality pedigrees and know the president of the local akc club. I've used a champion male of his for stud service before. I'm sure Clare will have some input of someone. I hope this helps. Take care my friend again sorry for your loss.

Thanks so much, and thanks for your contributions to a great organization!

Sorry buddy, we lost one of our dachshunds this past October. I'm still heartbroken from it, I hope you find a couple more shelties to complete the pack again. :)

I'm sorry for your loss :(

Thanks!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry,

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry for your loss. :( I think shelties are a very special breed. I have some friends out your way and I will try to see if they know of any sheltie breeders.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry for your loss. :( I think shelties are a very special breed. I have some friends out your way and I will try to see if they know of any sheltie breeders.
Thank you!

If you know anyone willing to drive a little bit and help me transport a pup that would be cool too! :D

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow man, I'm deeply sorry for your loss my friend!!!

wayhilc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:(So sorry for your lose, it really cuts deep and hurts I know. Wishing you comfort and peace. Hope you find a new baby to love and care for

CoralClark

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for ur lose buddy. Never fun losing a family member! Had to put my 8 year old pitbull down last year. Born and raised in Detroit my whole life, had to keep my dog on a chain cause he would get out of the yard. Detroit has a very bad problem with stray dogs so unfortunately my dog was in multiple fights that ended up taking its tole on him. Moved out of the city to the suburbs and he didn't make it through the winter! Was very bummed that he didn't even get the chance to enjoy at least one summer at the new house with good size yard! RIP BUDDY! image.jpeg image.jpeg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%

Back