Just received BTA from Liveaquaria not happy

CTCLOWNFISH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order a medium size green bubble tip anemone. Received it. Well they say on their site medium size 3"-4". Its maybe the size of a quarter coin.
20190514_135040.jpeg

Reef_Freak720

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has it been? Can take a bit for them to fully settle and blow out

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely takes time. Give it time to become happy and you will be surprised and how big it can inflate to and how fast they grow.

Wait till it’s settled in and inflating well before you feed it, if you decide to. It is not necessary.

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd call them and let them know your concern. Chances are it will settle in and get bigger but at least document the concern now. Call them back in a week or 10 days if it's not bigger by then. Keep your order number handy. It appears nice and healthy though a little small. LA has great customer service and will probably credit you some cash if you're not happy.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemones can shrink drastically when handled. Give it a few days. It should be back to advertised size in no time.

OP
OP
CTCLOWNFISH

CTCLOWNFISH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update the bta is opened up! They had two sizes available small and medium. I paid for medium, thinking person who picked and package got order wrong.
20190515_044332.jpeg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well at least it has bubbles!
20190515_052740.jpeg
I suspect it will get much larger than that over the next 2 or 3 days. Still doesn't look fully inflated to me.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time is the key here. Anemones will deflate and be :mad: for days. And they may do it again a few days or a week after looking happy.

I have seen this many times.

Although I don't think yours is going to be bigger than 3" when it does bounce back, it still will be very nice looking.

OP
OP
CTCLOWNFISH

CTCLOWNFISH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liveaquaria has refunded my money for shipping wrong size anemone.

OP
OP
CTCLOWNFISH

CTCLOWNFISH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the fact that it looks nice and healthy would be more important to me. But he is a tiny little guy!
Very tiny. I paid for a medium which was more $$ the a small. Liveaquaria asked me to take a photo with the coin to prove how small the Anemone really is.
20190515_140605.jpeg

Aaronhome27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll be surprised how much it will grow once it's had time to settles for days or even a week or so. I've bought them at LFS around 4". And they were that size for almost a week. It's not even close to inflated and it's only been a day.

OP
OP
CTCLOWNFISH

CTCLOWNFISH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll be surprised how much it will grow once it's had time to settles for days or even a week or so. I've bought them at LFS around 4". And they were that size for almost a week. It's not even close to inflated and it's only been a day.
This was a 4" Rose Bubble Tip Anemone I received a few weeks back, this was day after placing it into my tank. The one I just received is far smaller than 4".
20190502_134723.jpeg

Aaronhome27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's only been a day as everyone has stated is all I'm saying. You might have had one open up quicker which is good. But that isn't always the case. I've personally had one just like the one you posted that was in fact 4". Just saying be patient it may be 4" just like very one else has mentioned. You didn't even wait a full day and knocking at folks trying to help explain.

U

User1

View Badges
Very tiny. I paid for a medium which was more $$ the a small. Liveaquaria asked me to take a photo with the coin to prove how small the Anemone really is.
20190515_140605.jpeg

I have 11 RBTA's and they do vary in size. However, there is no allocated time here that will change the size to what you said you bought. That is small. Call them, show, and let them adjust the price. Even fully expanded that isn't going to be 3 to 4 inches tip to tip.

For what it is worth I ordered a couple weeks back 3 red leg hermits. I received three shells ;) They said just wait 72 hours. That is how long in our experience it will take them to wake up and move about after shipping. Ok, sure (although i disagreed with them). 3 days later I still have shells...

Edit to clarify. There is size and mass of the animal. Then there is the size of it stretching and doing its thing. The image with the quarter it is doing its thing.

OP
OP
CTCLOWNFISH

CTCLOWNFISH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 11 RBTA's and they do vary in size. However, there is no allocated time here that will change the size to what you said you bought. That is small. Call them, show, and let them adjust the price. Even fully expanded that isn't going to be 3 to 4 inches tip to tip.

For what it is worth I ordered a couple weeks back 3 red leg hermits. I received three shells ;) They said just wait 72 hours. That is how long in our experience it will take them to wake up and move about after shipping. Ok, sure (although i disagreed with them). 3 days later I still have shells...

Edit to clarify. There is size and mass of the animal. Then there is the size of it stretching and doing its thing. The image with the quarter it is doing its thing.
Liveaquaria emailed and said they were sorry for sending the incorrect specimen, and that they were refunding my money.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back