Just set up tank and noticing white strings.

thatone08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2021
Messages
1,218
Reaction score
6,190
Location
plainfield
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what this is, and is it normal or something to be concerned about. Just set the tank up last night.

62194576-E343-439E-B9A3-88C9C962C517.jpeg 9A2C3533-D2D8-4337-A0FE-2CEE75A16090.jpeg
 
Welcome Aboard!

Hard to say what’s on the rocks. What kind of rock is it and where did it come from? Unless it’s live rock or from someone’s tank I doubt something would pop up that fast.
keep those pics to remember where you started, the road is long.
 
Welcome Aboard!

Hard to say what’s on the rocks. What kind of rock is it and where did it come from? Unless it’s live rock or from someone’s tank I doubt something would pop up that fast.
keep those pics to remember where you started, the road is long.
Thanks Benjammin!
It is live rock, got it from the same store I bought my initial setup at. Just started to cycle yesterday. I looked at several posts and nothing exactly like I have currently. I’ll keep an eye on it. And if it develops more or spreads, I might have a better idea of what I’m looking at.

I setup an album just on my phone to track the progress and changes. Beginners anxiety lol.
 
“Beginners anxiety”. Been there.
Check out BRStv on YouTube. Helped me a lot.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new