Just the new guy

Aggro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there. I’m kinda new to hobby have expierence but wouldn’t consider myself expierenced.

I’m just starting a new tank it’s a 32g biocube
Everything stock besides an extra power head. Tank is currently in day 3 of cycle but here is a picture I have no livestock yet
image.jpg

OP
OP
Aggro

Aggro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the party!
Great tank to start with! Would love to hear any ideas you have for stocking with fish and coral!

Well my daughters wanted a dory and Nemo but ya they ain’t getting dory had to explain way to small of a tank for dory lol. But I’m thinking a pair of the darker clowns like the mochas or the black onyx I think was the name. Also thinking a dragonette and there will prolly be one more really haven’t decided yet but it’ll be the icing on the cake hopefully. And corals I’ll be going colorful as long as they work in the tank. Don’t know much about drags and such I may get some of the ones that don’t demand the light intensity. But other than those things it’s a start to a bigger tank.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my daughters wanted a dory and Nemo but ya they ain’t getting dory had to explain way to small of a tank for dory lol. But I’m thinking a pair of the darker clowns like the mochas or the black onyx I think was the name. Also thinking a dragonette and there will prolly be one more really haven’t decided yet but it’ll be the icing on the cake hopefully. And corals I’ll be going colorful as long as they work in the tank. Don’t know much about drags and such I may get some of the ones that don’t demand the light intensity. But other than those things it’s a start to a bigger tank.

Word of caution on dragonette's and mandrin's, they need a lot of copepods to stay alive. Even dosing pods and phytoplankton frequently in a newly established system may not be enough for them to live. Mature systems with plenty of rock and little in the way of microfauna predators will give the pods a foot hold to reproduce, given enough micro foods such as phytoplankton and uneaten small particle food.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back