Just the new guy

Aggro

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
380
Reaction score
394
Location
Somewhere over the rainbow
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there. I’m kinda new to hobby have expierence but wouldn’t consider myself expierenced.

I’m just starting a new tank it’s a 32g biocube
Everything stock besides an extra power head. Tank is currently in day 3 of cycle but here is a picture I have no livestock yet
image.jpg
 
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
 
Welcome to the party!
Great tank to start with! Would love to hear any ideas you have for stocking with fish and coral!

Well my daughters wanted a dory and Nemo but ya they ain’t getting dory had to explain way to small of a tank for dory lol. But I’m thinking a pair of the darker clowns like the mochas or the black onyx I think was the name. Also thinking a dragonette and there will prolly be one more really haven’t decided yet but it’ll be the icing on the cake hopefully. And corals I’ll be going colorful as long as they work in the tank. Don’t know much about drags and such I may get some of the ones that don’t demand the light intensity. But other than those things it’s a start to a bigger tank.
 
Well my daughters wanted a dory and Nemo but ya they ain’t getting dory had to explain way to small of a tank for dory lol. But I’m thinking a pair of the darker clowns like the mochas or the black onyx I think was the name. Also thinking a dragonette and there will prolly be one more really haven’t decided yet but it’ll be the icing on the cake hopefully. And corals I’ll be going colorful as long as they work in the tank. Don’t know much about drags and such I may get some of the ones that don’t demand the light intensity. But other than those things it’s a start to a bigger tank.

Word of caution on dragonette's and mandrin's, they need a lot of copepods to stay alive. Even dosing pods and phytoplankton frequently in a newly established system may not be enough for them to live. Mature systems with plenty of rock and little in the way of microfauna predators will give the pods a foot hold to reproduce, given enough micro foods such as phytoplankton and uneaten small particle food.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new