Just want to see what everyone thinks on this....

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were not talking about "special" or "beautiful". Were talking LE and liniage. Thats what you started this thread with. Here is your 1st sentance "Am i the ONLY one who doesnt care about linage,names and all that who ha!" It has nothing to do with me. It's the hobby. LFS dont usually carry the hard to find LE stuff because it doesnt arrive from the wholesellers that way. They order 10 zoa colonies and get what they get. In fact, your LFS cannot even order special corals such as TYREE etc... If they are fortunate enough to have it, then they have aquired it from people that have bought it and grown it out. Or buy it from a customer that has some for sell. Rarely rarely and I mean rarely does a LFS get by accident a watermelon chalice or a armegeddon paly colony. I have many friends in this hobby and own fish stores and coral stores and it just doesnt happen.

OP
OP
oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm so im amssuing that leads to the rise in price? also, why cant a LFS order that? to expensive in most cases, or is it just no really out there for them?

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, its because wholesellers sell based off a stocklist. If I was a LFS I can look at their list and order 4 of one item 8 of another and so on. No pictures at all, just look at the name of the corals and say ship me this, this, and this. Thats how it works.

coralfan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont think the wholesellers want to sell the rare stuff. first of all they order just like LFS, sight unseen. they also would rather sell in quantity rather than quality. im not saying they want ugly nasty stuff, but there not looking to sell one of this or one of that for top dollar either. in the last 2 years, i've seen maybe a thousand or two of zoas and maybe 10-20 were other than common ones.

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THATS MY POINT!!!!!! If somebody gets a rare piece they know it's rare or different as they dont see it come in all the time. Sure they want a premium price for it....Wouldnt you? Thats why a lot of the named corals are so expensive. The importers,LFS,Wholesellers will either keep it, or sell it to a buddy or if there smart frag it and keep the love flowing. But chances are the public NEVER gets 1st crack at it. Sorry, but thats the way the coral crumbles.

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unless you tranship then odd's are you may get these LE type pieces the day of wholesalers not knowing what they have are over those peices get set aside for there premium customers and sold at a higher price.Even my supplier as a regular list and a speacial list lol:hammer:

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
special is in the eye of the beholder, 3 lfs owners in rochester have said there favorite coral is GSP, like i said it may not be speical to you but idc if it looks good idc if it has name or linage

just because it's their favorite doesn't mean they'll pay top dollar for it either though..

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 74 52.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back