juvenile ocellaris clown fish fighting

fernalfer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is weird my clowns are perfectly fine together all day under the white lights, but after i shut them off and turn the blue lights off they instantly lock lips and fight. They seemed to have hosted the piece of PVC and one seems to sleep in the corner one in the PVC are they fighting for dominance?

And why is it that they instantly lock lips and fight when the blue lights come on and instantly stop when the whites get turned back on.

Last edited:

nemo1017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns doing clown Things. They're Trying to find the best spot to sleep when the blues come on. The dominant one won't let the other sleep in its spot; so they fight it out until they determine who is going to be the dominant. That's my best explanation for you lol.

OP
OP
fernalfer

fernalfer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns doing clown Things. They're Trying to find the best spot to sleep when the blues come on. The dominant one won't let the other sleep in its spot; so they fight it out until they determine who is going to be the dominant. That's my best explanation for you lol.

Nemo you are spot on. I left the blues on they fought for about a minute and 1 went to the corner of the tank and the other is patrolling his piece of PVC.

I wonder if i should put another piece of PVC for the other clown or is it is just fine leaving it the way it is. They only have 1 more week in QT

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nemo you are spot on. I left the blues on they fought for about a minute and 1 went to the corner of the tank and the other is patrolling his piece of PVC.

I wonder if i should put another piece of PVC for the other clown or is it is just fine leaving it the way it is. They only have 1 more week in QT
Agreed with nemo on what is going on.

I wouldn't worry, they sort it out themselves and will pr up just fine.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back