JZ'S IM 200 EXT MIXED REEF BUILD

Tangy Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! This will be my largest setup as I have been back in the hoppy for a couple of years and have had decent success with the 2 AIO tanks I currently have. I am very excited to get this build going! I have received my Innovative Marine 200 EXT about a month ago, as it sits in the garage, I have been accumulating equipment. The stand is now built and I have put contact paper on the wall where the tank is going. I am looking to move my live stock from my IM SR120 and 65 gallon AIO Waterbox Peninsula into the one 200 gallon tank. Here is what I have so far . . . .

Tank- Innovative Marine 200 ext complete system with the NSF50 sump and plumbing included
Controller- HYDROS X10, Hydros WaveEngine, Hydros IV
Pumps- OctoPulse 4 and IceCap Gyre 4k will be controlled by the WaveEngine, Nero 7, EcoTech Versa 4 pump station for dosing, AutoAqua Smart AWC Duo
UV Sterilizer- Lifegard Pro-MAX 3" Body 55W Amalgam High Output UV Sterilizer
Algae Scrubber- IceCap pro turf scubber
Protein Skimmer- IOAOI protein skimmer from Amazon---https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZXY615H/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Kalk Stirrer- Avast K1

For lighting I was set up for option 1, but then I was recently able to get my hands on a Reefbreeder Photon 50 V2 Pro that was only used for 6 month for a very good deal, so I think my plans may have changed . . .

Lighting-
Option 1- 2 60inch Orphek OR3 BLUEPLUS bars with 3 Nicrew 150 Hyper Reefs in the middle and controller
Option 2- 2 60inch Orphek OR3 BLUEPLUS bars with a Reefbreeders Photon 50 V2 Pro in the center

I still haven't decided how I plan on plumbing the UV sterilizer. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

I am thinking to use the Waterbox as a quarantine system for my fish as my Powder Blue in the 120 gets an ich outbreak every so often, so I know it is in that tank. I plan on using copper power. Once the fish are all transferred over as I know this will take time. I plan on leaving the 120 fallow before moving any corals. Just a thought as I hate the idea of transferring Ich into the new tank. So this will be a long process, but I have learned that patience is your best friend in this hobby. I will include a list of the livestock I am transferring and what I want to add as well :)

IMG_4806.jpg
IMG_4810.jpg
IMG_4891.jpg
IMG_5022.jpg
IMG_5023.jpg
IMG_5024.jpg

Last edited:

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice! I have the 200P for almost a year now still empty tho....lost of travel, setting a small tank too. so its been on the back burner.

I am thinking of the same Icecap scrubber. gonna under skim and let the ATS do the heavy lifting.

OP
OP
Tangy Reefer

Tangy Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice! I have the 200P for almost a year now still empty tho....lost of travel, setting a small tank too. so its been on the back burner.

I am thinking of the same Icecap scrubber. gonna under skim and let the ATS do the heavy lifting.
That is going to be sweet! Please share when you get it going

reefadelphia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey man, I just got the same tank in black sitting empty on the stand. Im stuck on the plumbing part as ive never set up a sump and im pretty sure innovative marine sent me the wrong parts. THey dont match the instruction video :downcast-face-with-sweat:. so ill be following closely maybe we can help each other out here!

Im sure youre just as excited as me, though. 30 inches is WIDE in person isnt it?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey man, I just got the same tank in black sitting empty on the stand. Im stuck on the plumbing part as ive never set up a sump and im pretty sure innovative marine sent me the wrong parts. THey dont match the instruction video :downcast-face-with-sweat:. so ill be following closely maybe we can help each other out here!

Im sure youre just as excited as me, though. 30 inches is WIDE in person isnt it?

what plumping parts are you stuck on? post a thread so we dont hijack his build thread. I am sure you could get some help. :)

OP
OP
Tangy Reefer

Tangy Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I plan on getting mine on the stand as soon as the weather warms up here. Hopefully in about a week. Then I am on to the plumbing. I better check to see I got the right stuff too. Hope you get it figured out!! IM are usually pretty helpful too. I am sure if you did get the wrong part they would send you the right stuff. Keep me posted :)

LiquidSpace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! I just decided on this same aquarium. I’m terrified of having to lift it onto the stand. I’ll be following.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
please give feedback on that icecap ATS.

I am hearing really bad things about it, like how the build design was done by 5 yr olds on a etch a sketch, where nothing fits right, and bleeds light all over the place.

But the clear water V2's are so expensive... that the icecap's aren't that bad, i wouldn't mind a little bit of inconvience for less then half the price.

Beautiful! I just decided on this same aquarium. I’m terrified of having to lift it onto the stand. I’ll be following.

I needed 4 people to lift my 150g... i would assume you will need the same for the 200g.

And thats with 4 pairs of suction glass lifters.
The movers were like thank god i had heavy duty ones, as the ones they had they were worried it might not handle that weight.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! This will be my largest setup as I have been back in the hoppy for a couple of years and have had decent success with the 2 AIO tanks I currently have. I am very excited to get this build going! I have received my Innovative Marine 200 EXT about a month ago, as it sits in the garage, I have been accumulating equipment. The stand is now built and I have put contact paper on the wall where the tank is going. I am looking to move my live stock from my IM SR120 and 65 gallon AIO Waterbox Peninsula into the one 200 gallon tank. Here is what I have so far . . . .

Tank- Innovative Marine 200 ext complete system with the NSF50 sump and plumbing included
Controller- HYDROS X10, Hydros WaveEngine, Hydros IV
Pumps- OctoPulse 4 and IceCap Gyre 4k will be controlled by the WaveEngine, Nero 7, EcoTech Versa 4 pump station for dosing, AutoAqua Smart AWC Duo
UV Sterilizer- Lifegard Pro-MAX 3" Body 55W Amalgam High Output UV Sterilizer
Algae Scrubber- IceCap pro turf scubber
Protein Skimmer- IOAOI protein skimmer from Amazon---https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZXY615H/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Kalk Stirrer- Avast K1

For lighting I was set up for option 1, but then I was recently able to get my hands on a Reefbreeder Photon 50 V2 Pro that was only used for 6 month for a very good deal, so I think my plans may have changed . . .

Lighting-
Option 1- 2 60inch Orphek OR3 BLUEPLUS bars with 3 Nicrew 150 Hyper Reefs in the middle and controller
Option 2- 2 60inch Orphek OR3 BLUEPLUS bars with a Reefbreeders Photon 50 V2 Pro in the center

I still haven't decided how I plan on plumbing the UV sterilizer. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

I am thinking to use the Waterbox as a quarantine system for my fish as my Powder Blue in the 120 gets an ich outbreak every so often, so I know it is in that tank. I plan on using copper power. Once the fish are all transferred over as I know this will take time. I plan on leaving the 120 fallow before moving any corals. Just a thought as I hate the idea of transferring Ich into the new tank. So this will be a long process, but I have learned that patience is your best friend in this hobby. I will include a list of the livestock I am transferring and what I want to add as well :)

IMG_4806.jpg
IMG_4810.jpg
IMG_4891.jpg
IMG_5022.jpg
IMG_5023.jpg
IMG_5024.jpg
I like option 2.
I will be running 2 50's on my current ext 170 build.

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to your tank progress. I've had mine setup for 6 months and still love the tank. You can see how my UV sterilizer is plumbed (back into the sump). Not ideal but it is what we did for now. I would prefer to run it inline to one of the returns.

As you can see in my tank I have redsea LEDs with reefbrite strips. It is fairly wide and the strips help with fill light. Your orphek bars should work similar. I just got a par meter and will post some readings this weekend.

You will love this tank!

OP
OP
Tangy Reefer

Tangy Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Movers come to move this beast tomorrow! Getting pumped! Might be able to get moving on this project over the weekend :)

Attachments

• IMG_5064.jpg
    IMG_5064.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_5064.jpg
    IMG_5064.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_5067.jpg
    IMG_5067.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 71
OP
OP
Tangy Reefer

Tangy Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like option 2.
I will be running 2 50's on my current ext 170 build.
I decided on Option 2 and see how the coverage is. My plan is to have some softies and Euphilia on the outer side where there may be less par. It will be interesting to see what kind of par readings I get. . . .

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided on Option 2 and see how the coverage is. My plan is to have some softies and Euphilia on the outer side where there may be less par. It will be interesting to see what kind of par readings I get. . . .
Yes it will. Post the par when you get it done. Im curious as to what 2 will do. I will do the same when I get it going in a month or 2.
Here are my 2 that I hung.
20240125_154210.jpg

Last edited:

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It only took 2 people to get my 170 on the stand. They used a lift on wheels and pushed it through the gate and then through the slider.
They pumped up the lift and slid it over. Way easier than using several people. Anyway enjoy and take lots of pics.

OP
OP
Tangy Reefer

Tangy Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It only took 2 people to get my 170 on the stand. They used a lift on wheels and pushed it through the gate and then through the slider.
They pumped up the lift and slid it over. Way easier than using several people. Anyway enjoy and take lots of pics.
Mine has to go down stairs lol. Kinda feel bad, but I did buy those heavy duty suction cups. . .

OP
OP
Tangy Reefer

Tangy Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to hang the lights off the shelf? Also, what do you have layered on the wall?
Lights will be mounted from the shelf and I put contact paper to protect the wall from salt creep and moisture etc. I have had drywall kind of bubble or popcorn out behind my 120 in the past.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back