Kalkwasser dosing questions.

WestMI-Reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2022
Messages
343
Reaction score
447
Location
Holland, MI
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Kalk stirrer to feed the sump. I will feed the stirrer with fresh ATO water. I have a magtool ato system and an apex liquid level sensor. If I use the magtool to feed the stirrer and the apex sensor towards the bottom of the ATO, kalk will be dosed at evaporation rate, correct? Will this be an efficient dose? Should I be worried about overdosing? The apex sensor will simply tell me when its time to refill the ATO. Thoughts on this set up? or should I get another nanopump in the ATO so one is dedicated to dosing while the other is dedicated to water level? Any words of wisdom are much appreciated!
 
If I read this correctly, yes - it sounds like it will dose at the evaporation rate (whether this will be sufficient in terms of dosing is best guess). It sounds like a good setup - especially if you're using the liquid level sensor as opposed to an on/off optical sensor.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new