kalkwasser question

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok kalk doser's ----what do you do when your kalk dosing volumes are about to exceed your daiy evap rate. if your evap is 1.5g a day (5677 mls) and your up to 4700 mls of kalk daily, due to consumption.(alk is dropping a bit everyday) its clearly about to become a topic that i will need to address.. any advice on how to start planning for this.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that starting to use some two part in addition to the kalkwasser, or just instead of it is what most folks turn to. Other methods are fine too, such as All For Reef, or a CaCO3/CO2 reactor.

OP
OP
ddc0715

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds good. im was dosing two part before kalk, so seems like i have whats needed to handle the issue when it arrives. thankjs

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you wanted to stay with just Kalkwasser (for simplicity and cost savings sake), you can look at ways to slow down coral/coralline algae growth (reduced temp, lighting duration, etc.) and/or the addition of vinegar to the kalkwasser to increase potency.

If you a looking for rapid growth and have lots of rapidly calcifying corals, then 2-part is a good choice.

Back