if so How?
@reefsquad

BTW my Ca is at 490, i am using red sea pro salt

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6.9 dKh is a tad low, but not catastrophically low. What's your magnesium at? The reason I ask is if your mag is low, with your calcium being that elevated, you may cause precipitation trying to raise it. I too used red sea black bucket but switched to hwmarinemix reefer as its parameters were much closer to the numbers I was shooting for (alk 9, cal 450, mag 1350)

as for raising your alkalinity, I used brs 2 part at first and it's great. Just make sure you dont raise your alk more than 1 dKh per day. You shouldn't need to use the calcium part unless you want to keep your calcium at it's current level

OP
OP
kamla

kamla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@btmedic04 Thax..

i have not tested Mag..
what i think i will do is do a good size water change and then re test all 3 again.

and post it . and then re test after 5 days again. to get a better understanding on how much my reef tank uses.

by then i will have my brs 2 part Kit and i can start dosing.

for such a small tank i think i can get away with manually dosing?

what do ui guys think? manual or should invest in a doser?

thax

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@btmedic04 Thax..

i have not tested Mag..
what i think i will do is do a good size water change and then re test all 3 again.

and post it . and then re test after 5 days again. to get a better understanding on how much my reef tank uses.

by then i will have my brs 2 part Kit and i can start dosing.

for such a small tank i think i can get away with manually dosing?

what do ui guys think? manual or should invest in a doser?

thax

I started off manually dosing and found for my particular tank, I had to dose 10ml a day. Test your water after your water change, then test it again 4 or 5 days later. Subtract your numbers and divide by the amount of days that have passed and that's your ballpark. BRS has thr proper calculators to figure out how much you need to dose. I eventually switched over to tropic marin all for reef on a doser because after a few months of manually dosing, it got old for me. But it may be different for you. Keep us updated bud!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back