Kamoer doser being powered off

potatocouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had done extensive calibration and program with my old 3 channels Kamoer doser pump and wanted to check if folks know whether the doser will retain memory of the dosing program and calibration when powered off or power outage?

It would be shameful having to recalibrate and reprogram.

#kamoer

OP
OP
potatocouch

potatocouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks!

A quick question to you @saltyfilmfolks i assumed you use dosing pump for your reef tank?

When you calibrate it, do you use the real liquid you're dosing or just water?

I found the calibration to be different between water and the dosing liquid; and each dosing liquid to be different to the other dosing liquid (ie Alk vs Ca vs Carbon) and I think that stems down to the liquid viscosity.

I just want to check if you're experiencing the same thing. If not, perhaps am doing it wrong.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

A quick question to you @saltyfilmfolks i assumed you use dosing pump for your reef tank?

When you calibrate it, do you use the real liquid you're dosing or just water?

I found the calibration to be different between water and the dosing liquid; and each dosing liquid to be different to the other dosing liquid (ie Alk vs Ca vs Carbon) and I think that stems down to the liquid viscosity.

I just want to check if you're experiencing the same thing. If not, perhaps am doing it wrong.
Hooo Boy, Yes I agree. I did water but there is some difference. The doses are not all that exact however.(like all the tests) so some error is expected. From all I understand from Randy F, that type of precision isn't really needed. He never seems too concerned about it.

IME though(jeabo) once set they both dose equally with the ESV Im using.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back