Kamoer FX-STP Continuous Duty Lubricant

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2014
Messages
8,134
Reaction score
6,160
Location
Houston, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why doesn’t anybody sell this lubricant! Gezz. The few that do want $15 shipping or it’s sold out.

Does anybody know exactly which lubricant or grease this is. It has to be a very close or identical match or the pump won’t function well or even slip. I’ve learned that the hard way with both the Kamoer and GHL 2.1 pumps.

Please let me know if you know what specific type of grease/lubricant this is.

IMG_3430.jpeg
 
Why doesn’t anybody sell this lubricant! Gezz. The few that do want $15 shipping or it’s sold out.

Does anybody know exactly which lubricant or grease this is. It has to be a very close or identical match or the pump won’t function well or even slip. I’ve learned that the hard way with both the Kamoer and GHL 2.1 pumps.

Please let me know if you know what specific type of grease/lubricant this is.

IMG_3430.jpeg
I use silicone grease on my fx-stp2 which works fine but understand that you do not use grease on the ghl dosers (2.1 etc) just regularly clean them
 
I use silicone grease on my fx-stp2 which works fine but understand that you do not use grease on the ghl dosers (2.1 etc) just regularly clean them
Thank you for that. Any product that you can link? Just want to make sure it works before I buy something that doesn’t.

Also noted about the GHL 2.1. Lesson learned. I did just hear from Josh Kraft who works with GHL and he said this below confirming what we both know:

“The only grease to be used on GHL should be on the hole that the plastic goes into on the roller heads, it should not make contact with the outside of the rollers or the tube.”
 
There's definitely a lot of lower priced silicone greases made primarily for o-rings. The molikote 111 is thicker and better suited for peristaltic tubes.
Have you ever compared it to the Kamoer lubricant?
 
Ok, I just compared the Kamoer lubricant with my Molykote 111 and the Molykote is definitely much thicker and not as lubricating. It’s a lot stickier too, and will probably wear down the Kamoer dosing tube faster.

I’m gonna call the Molykote 111 a no go.
 
How is the texture of this. Do you have any Molykote 111 to compare it with.?

If it’s more Lubricating I’ll try it. Looks like it might be good. Can you put a small dab on a piece of paper or something and take a pic.?
 
Thank you @MikeYasin. This stuff is legit and extremely close to the Kamoer lubricant. Not as white, more clear, but same texture and very lubricanting.

The best thing is it’s 2 day free shipping on Amazon if you have Prime. Plus it comes with (2) larger tubes.

Kamoer can go shove their little expensive tube up their nose with their lack of availability and $15 shipping.

IMG_3472.jpeg
 
Thank you @MikeYasin. This stuff is legit and extremely close to the Kamoer lubricant. Not as white, more clear, but same texture and very lubricanting.

The best thing is it’s 2 day free shipping on Amazon if you have Prime. Plus it comes with (2) larger tubes.

Kamoer can go shove their little expensive tube up their nose with their lack of availability and $15 shipping.

IMG_3472.jpeg
Glad to have helped!
 
I just use silicone faucet grease:

Danco Waterproof Silicone Faucet Grease

Regardless of what lubricant you use, be aware that the plastic rollers will eventually wear ... and begin to squeak ... no matter how often or heavy you lubricate them.

At least, that has been my experience over the past 3 years.

I usually get 4-8 months out of a roller set depending on the volume of CaRx output I need to dose. When I they do start to squeak, applying a little more lubricant usually gets me another 2-4 weeks before the squeak returns. And 1-2 lubes, more doesn't seem to do much good, and I replace the rollers.

Slipping has never been an issue for me on the FX-STP. If I find it is having a little trouble either way (too tight or too loose) I just adjust the Pump Head Adjustment Screw.

Screen Shot 2024-06-07 at 6.30.56 PM.png
 
Last edited:
I just use silicone faucet grease:

Danco Waterproof Silicone Faucet Grease

Regardless of what lubricant you use, be aware that the plastic rollers will eventually wear ... and begin to squeak ... no matter how often or heavy you lubricate them.

At least, that has been my experience over the past 3 years.

I usually get 4-8 months out of a roller set depending on the volume of CaRx output I need to dose. When I they do start to squeak, applying a little more lubricant usually gets me another 2-4 weeks before the squeak returns. And 1-2 lubes, more doesn't seem to do much good, and I replace the rollers.

Slipping has never been an issue for me on the FX-STP. If I find it is having a little trouble either way (too tight or too loose) I just adjust the Pump Head Adjustment Screw.

Screen Shot 2024-06-07 at 6.30.56 PM.png
The problem now is that you cannot find the Roller head anywhere. They are discontinued and it looks like we’ll need to order directly from China or somewhere overseas.
 
Well…it is what it is….better order now if you need one. Could take 2-3 weeks.



IMG_3613.jpeg
 
The problem now is that you cannot find the Roller head anywhere. They are discontinued and it looks like we’ll need to order directly from China or somewhere overseas.
Discontinued? If it’s from BRS, they look like they “discontinued” most stuff from coralvue, and they still make it, just BRS maybe decided not to sell it anymore?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new