Kamoer remote app issues anyone?

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is unacceptable. Why do they need one's login credentials to see and fix the issues. They can easily set up a doser on their end and experience the frustration.

I'm not able to access my doser as of now.

I'm wondering if anyone reads this can try and report back. Time is now 3:17pm EST
mine are "online" but show zero volume and no information.

they are dosing on usual schedule though

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Same here. So this impacts everyone...being that we both experiencing the same scenario.
Based on what im reading yes everyone is being affected right now

so asking for login details doesnt make much sense to me. Its something in their code base with a recent update is my guess.

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOLY SMOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been struggling with a issue with my FX-STP 2 running at 89 ml/min on my CA reactor for weeks. I had no idea this was affecting other people! I factory reset it, I tried to load it back in the app, I tried installing the app on other iPads and now I've got a ticket into coralvue saying I think the Wifi board has fried or something.

In my case the worst part is that if I try and open the App sometimes it stops the pump and there is no way to restart it without crawling under there. So if you're not around your pumps don't try and connect to them.

Whiskey

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOLY SMOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been struggling with a issue with my FX-STP 2 running at 89 ml/min on my CA reactor for weeks. I had no idea this was affecting other people! I factory reset it, I tried to load it back in the app, I tried installing the app on other iPads and now I've got a ticket into coralvue saying I think the Wifi board has fried or something.

In my case the worst part is that if I try and open the App sometimes it stops the pump and there is no way to restart it without crawling under there. So if you're not around your pumps don't try and connect to them.

Whiskey
This for me has been going on for months. I'm sure Kamoer knows about this but aren't doing squat to fix it.

Jayyzerosixx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back to nada…. So frustrated, I thought when I purchased these I was getting something I could trust. I did a lot of research before I bought them. I see even with this problem some peoples units are still dosing their schedules, however mine is not dosing at all.
10F8B890-82C2-40B9-8BA5-9807687E1577.png

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back to nada…. So frustrated, I thought when I purchased these I was getting something I could trust. I did a lot of research before I bought them. I see even with this problem some peoples units are still dosing their schedules, however mine is not dosing at all.
Same here. Thought Kamoer was a reliable brand, but never again.

Do you recall what time your dose is? It should still work even if you can't connect.

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way depending on where you're located in my case in the late afternoon or in entire evening it's completely unreachable. Mornings are fine.

How about that - a doser that only is accessible only in the mornings. Stupid

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m seriously considering taking mine completely offline. It doses a fixed rate through the CA reactor and sometimes opening the app causes it to shut down entirely. Really, really not good. My alk will drop from 8 to 5 in less than 12 hours, and I wouldn’t know of the problem until my next trident test.

Jayyzerosixx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m seriously considering taking mine completely offline. It doses a fixed rate through the CA reactor and sometimes opening the app causes it to shut down entirely. Really, really not good. My alk will drop from 8 to 5 in less than 12 hours, and I wouldn’t know of the problem until my next trident test.
This is how I know mine isn’t dosing
Same here. Thought Kamoer was a reliable brand, but never again.

Do you recall what time your dose is? It should still work even if you can't connect.
yes, I made sure to watch today & I got nothing. When I could log in & see everything last night my NaN03 schedule had been deleted but my afr schedule was still there. Maybe it’s only dosing when the app is working, idk because when I watched today it was while the app was down. I’ll check again tonight if I can access it.
4A3B9C17-4472-4F02-B75F-0AB03D32ABC5.png

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has not been working since noon eastern time.

I have it scheduled, I think, for a midnight water change but I'll be asleep so cant confirm. I'll try to get it in the morning and see what I can do.

This is honestly hilariously bad and the fact they don't acknowledge it is just horrid.

GT3000XX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 1.8.3 just released now for iPhone. I installed the app update and it is working as expected. Hope this is a fix that will last!

OP
OP
A_Blind_Reefer

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 1.8.3 just released now for iPhone. I installed the app update and it is working as expected. Hope this is a fix that will last!
Hopefully! It works for me but it’s notably slower to connect than in the past. It used to be almost instantaneous. It acts like it’s going to timeout but it does work. You would have thought that kamoer would have at least let the folks at coral vue that a fix was on its way and to stop asking for login credentials and serial numbers. I take it though

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully they get the android update out soon. I could not connect from 12 to 11pm yesterday. I just tried again at 8 am and its working. I changed my schedule to be at noon now so I can monitor it. Hopefully I can get it calibrated before it goes offline again.

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just heard back from CoralVue, they said that unfortunately the Kamoer servers are having issues and they are working hard to get it fixed.

They didn't give any indication of how long they expected that to take, so the update may not be a full fix.

Whiskey

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I followed up with CoralVue asking if they knew of any workarounds that people were using to get by in the meantime, and if they had any indication of how long it will take to resolve. They simply said that Kamoer was working as fast as they can. So it sounds to me like they don't have any more information than we do at this time. They didn't mention updating the app, so we might be closer to a fix than they are.

Whiskey

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still not working here android.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230516-140541.png
    Screenshot_20230516-140541.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20230516-140641.png
    Screenshot_20230516-140641.png
    76.8 KB · Views: 23

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back