Kamoer remote app issues anyone?

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know others have had issues in the past, this is my first time not being able to connect. It’s been running for months without issue. I tried to connect today to bump up the flow and it just timed out. The unit displays work mode net 0 which is connected, the app shows my device with its name and that it’s on line, when I click on my device the flow page appears at 0 and then has a connection timeout after several seconds. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and was able to go through the Wi-Fi setup again only to get to the same point. Anyone have any suggestions? I’m pretty much blind and use voice over on my iPhone to read the screen to me. I’m not able to see or read the units display at all but I did use the be my eyes app and verified the work mode net 0 and the flow rate on the unit so I’m ok but it would be easier if the app worked again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A_Blind_Reefer

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am experiencing the same exact issue tonight....
That’s good news….well not exactly but at least it’s probably not something on my end good news. Maybe their system is down. I’ve tried many times with no luck.

Ppoulin99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am dealing with this same exact issue today (6 days later). Anything else happen to you guys? I have a Kamoer but a different type than y’all. Hoping they re yay reconfiguring stuff on their end.

dmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed there’s two threads, this one posting to right now has more history, and the other thread just started today:

Sounds like they’ve been having some issues recently.

someone posted https://support.coralvue.com/

To register and alert them.

GT3000XX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is down again today. I have had this for a few weeks and it is hit or miss whether it will open correctly. This is a response I received from coralvue: unfortunately I don’t have 2 cell phones to do this. If anyone else is successful let us know.
My current version is

Current version 1.1.05

Firmware version 1.0.7

coralvue says the latest firmware version is 1.0.12

so apparently the app saying firmware version is the latest is incorrect

Your Firmware may not be up to date. Please try updating the firmware.

1. Remove Kamoer Pump from power and restart

2. Prepare two mobile phones, One with the app installed and the other with an available hotspot.

3. Turn on the hotspot of the mobile phone that does not have the Kamoer APP installed. We recommend that you set the hotspot account name to ali_mprov_ZL and password: 111111111.

4. Turn on the hotspot, and then connect to the hotspot network with a mobile phone installed with the Kamoer Remote app.

5. Open the Kamoer Remote app and bind the device. Enter the password of the connected hotspot network

6. Operate the dosing pump to enter the AP connection or router connection mode

7. Bind the device.

8. During this period, the phone will jump to the network interface. Please select the network with "Kamoer" in the connection name, then switch to the hotspot network and return to the binding page.

9. After the binding is successful, go to the setting interface and click on the device firmware to upgrade.

10. Unbind and reconnect to the home network as stated in the instructions.

Open

OP
OP
A_Blind_Reefer

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I continue to have the communication timeouts since this started days ago. The two cell phone thing isn’t going to work for me with my vision. It sounds more like a problem on kamoers end rather than local to me. Hopefully they figure it out. Is everyone else back up now?

GT3000XX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I continue to have the communication timeouts since this started days ago. The two cell phone thing isn’t going to work for me with my vision. It sounds more like a problem on kamoers end rather than local to me. Hopefully they figure it out. Is everyone else back up now?
I have been in touch with Coralvue and just received the following response:

“We have reached out to Kamoer about this issue as there is a problem with the server. Once the server is fixed your unit should work correctly.”

OP
OP
A_Blind_Reefer

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been in touch with Coralvue and just received the following response:

“We have reached out to Kamoer about this issue as there is a problem with the server. Once the server is fixed your unit should work correctly.”
Thanks for posting this! I was going more crazy than I usually am

GT3000XX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked CoralVue about whether the unit stores time and dosing schedules here is the reply:

The dosers keep there schedule regardless if it is connected to the wifi. Connection is needed to manually dose, calibrate, change the schedule or amounts, update the firmware or time.

I noticed the last word is time. I have asked CoralVue if the time will remain accurate when the unit won't connect to the server.

codenfx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had this issue until I saw this thread, tried opening the app and yep got the same communication error. It was working fine 2 days ago when I last opened it.

GT3000XX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had this issue until I saw this thread, tried opening the app and yep got the same communication error. It was working fine 2 days ago when I last opened it.
Just received from CoralVu that Kamoer wants my username and password to research the issue. I politely told CoralVu that’s not happening they should be able to figure that out without my info.

twelvefive

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received from CoralVu that Kamoer wants my username and password to research the issue. I politely told CoralVu that’s not happening they should be able to figure that out without my info.
That's insane that they'd ask for that.

OP
OP
A_Blind_Reefer

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What the h man? May as well give them your router login, bank login, the keys to your car, and your first born child

codenfx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow that's ridiculous.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back